News Forum - Foreign tourist breaks into bank, goes on rampage in northern Thailand

Thaiger

A foreign tourist broke into a Bangkok Bank branch in Pai in the northern province of Mae Hong Son yesterday evening. He smashed his way through several glass doors with rocks and proceeded to cause significant damage to the bank’s property. Police detained him and discovered he was illegally residing in the kingdom. A foreigner named Kent Douglas Meades – nationality unknown – smashed his way into Pai’s Bangkok Bank at around 7pm last night. He destroyed 2 glass safety doors at the entrance of the bank, 4 more glass doors, 3 computer screens, 2 desk partitions and 1 printer. […]

The story Foreign tourist breaks into bank, goes on rampage in northern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Nationality unknown?

The police checked his passport.

Clearly nationality unknown to the reporter not the police. You have no point. 

The reporter indicated that the police ckecked his passport

The reporter also stated that the police did not know his nationality.

Which is it?

The editor should have proofread the article before going to print.

Get the facts straight.

That is the point.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

The actual nationality is irrelevant. He’s a nut job and needs hospitalisation, imprisoning and/or deporting 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The actual nationality is irrelevant. He’s a nut job and needs hospitalisation, imprisoning and/or deporting 

All of which involve his embassy, therefore.....................

15 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

A Russian named Kent Douglas Meades?  555  be funny if he does in fact hold a Russian passport but my guess is he's American or British by birth.

https://www.naewna.com/local/657794

Looks a Canadian (passport)... there's even the passport number... thankfully there is this new PDPA in place 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Poolie said:

All of which involve his embassy, therefore.....................

Of course, but irrelevant to the story. 

There are always some very strange foreingers in Pai. But mostly it is a hang out for the younger generation foreingers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

There are always some very strange foreingers in Pai. But mostly it is a hang out for the younger generation foreingers.

And the younger generation around the world are becoming more and more self entitled.

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

A Russian named Kent Douglas Meades?  555  be funny if he does in fact hold a Russian passport but my guess is he's American or British by birth.

English - speaking national for sure so;-

US- CAN - UK- IRL- AUS- NZ -SA

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

English - speaking national for sure so;-

US- CAN - UK- IRL- AUS- NZ -SA

Unless not his passport…..😉😩

i had to go to 3 bangkok bank atm's today to find one that worked.  i didn't think to pre load my top box with rocks.  maybe next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nivram said:

The reporter indicated that the police ckecked his passport

The reporter also stated that the police did not know his nationality.

Which is it?

The editor should have proofread the article before going to print.

Get the facts straight.

That is the point.

My only conclusion is the police can't read.

They can only recognize number (because of their lottery habits) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hondo said:

i had to go to 3 bangkok bank atm's today to find one that worked.  i didn't think to pre load my top box with rocks.  maybe next time.

You can use any bank’s atm these days can’t you?

12 hours ago, Thaidup said:

And the younger generation around the world are becoming more and more self entitled.

Seems a bit harsh. I bet most of them can spell foreigners though with spellcheck on their phones😂

• Like 1

Amazing that this all can be done with 1 brain cell... 

Not advocating for illegal stay here, but if you do, how stupid do you have to be to even do a small punishable thing wrong? This guy just went all the way. 

He also must have looked super stupid to the staff. He's in a foreign country and on top of that in the middle of nowhere, and they might not understand him and his problem at all. The workers there must've run away as if an elephant broke in😂

"The police said nothing like this has ever happened before in Pai, which is a popular tourist destination in northern Thailand." 

Thanks Kent, for showing places, which are not known to this, how much of a dumbass foreigners can be. Also thanks for the add-on to the already existing stereotype. 

14 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Amazing that this all can be done with 1 brain cell... 

He must have at least two to have the foresight to collect a bunch of rocks in advance rather than just assuming that one would do the job🤪

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Just to provide some color... Yes he had a dodgy Russian passport. His issues apparently stemmed from during a failed attempt to withdraw money from the ATM (at bank closing time), the ATM did not only didn't give him his money, it also failed to release his bank card from the machine.

He brought this to the attention of the bank staff and with their response being that the issue would have to be addressed the following day during regular business hours. 

He was wholly unsatisfied with this. 

On 6/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, hondo said:

Can we imagine how life would be if the internet shut down for a month? Buy some gold and put it away just incase.👍