News Forum - Government asked to postpone PDPA law

Thaiger

The government has been asked to postpone the Personal Data Protection Act because some of the laws remain unclear. The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking  yesterday asked the government to delay the bill as some of the PDPA laws remain vague and need to be clarified. They also insist clear directions must be issued and 20 organic laws completed before it is ratified. Sanan Angubolkul, chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, also expressed concerns about PDPA enforcement and punishments related to the law which came into effect yesterday. The JSCCIB suggests state agencies can help the public […]

The story Government asked to postpone PDPA law as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Almost all Thai websites I visited this morning so far have already a PDPA disclaimer written somewhere. I even got a couple emails from entities that are now complying with the PDPA as well and informing me about my data in their pssiession. It reminds me when the GDPR started in the EU as well.

Besides, it's a 2019 law, are they waking up only today?