News Forum - Phuket drops outdoor mask mandate

Thaiger

Wearing a mask in outdoor public spaces is no longer required in Phuket province, effective from yesterday, June 1. Medical or cloth face masks are still required to be worn indoors, in crowded spaces and in badly ventilated spaces. The mask mandate – indoors and outdoors – is still in effect in all other provinces in the kingdom. In Phuket only, people may remove their masks at the beach, public parks, sports stadiums and other public areas, but are urged to keep a social distance of 2 metres at all times. Last week, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of […]

The story Phuket drops outdoor mask mandate as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Phuket must be a new country as it certainly doesn't appear to following the same applied rules for the rest of Thailand.

Has this been approved by Uncle Tu and A-Nut-In ?

• Like 2

At lease some common sense prevails.  Its okay to eat in a crowded restaurant or bar without a mask, but people out in the fresh air mask up, what are they thinking...:) Not

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Great move, the start of more easing in the coming weeks and months. 

Preferably weeks rather than months but don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Baby steps ....

You've just beat me to it😂 

Next thing is to do the whole country tambon by tambon😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very good news!

Be interesting to see if the PM or Anutin insist Phuket remains in step with the rest of the country, given the PM has just said that masks will remain for the present.

Personally, I believe  he will be OK with this development privately. I believe it fits with slowly, slowly  approach to easing these restrictions. Interesting that it happens in the same time frame as the ditching of the Mor Chana app.

With these two recent developments, I think you will see the end of the Thailand Pass and all other restrictions in time for 2022/23 high season. 

Softly softly catch ye monkey. 😉

5 hours ago, Mongo said:

At lease some common sense prevails.  Its okay to eat in a crowded restaurant or bar without a mask, but people out in the fresh air mask up, what are they thinking...:) Not

Your comment has a fatal flaw in its logic.

It assumes they think. 

2 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Very good news!

Be interesting to see if the PM or Anutin insist Phuket remains in step with the rest of the country, given the PM has just said that masks will remain for the present.

Personally, I believe  he will be OK with this development privately. I believe it fits with slowly, slowly  approach to easing these restrictions. Interesting that it happens in the same time frame as the ditching of the Mor Chana app.

With these two recent developments, I think you will see the end of the Thailand Pass and all other restrictions in time for 2022/23 high season. 

The only legal requirement has flowed from the provinces. Bangkok has a provincial order requiring face masks. Hopefully Chadchart will give us a gift soon!

A conspiracy theorist might suggest the government will feign disapproval with such a change and secretly hope for a rise in cases. Oh wait that’s exactly how it’s set up. 

2 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Very good news!

You're accurate here.

While it is taking way longer than it should- this announcement is the beginning of the end of public health restrictions, including mass masking,  in Thailand.