News Forum - 4 year old drowns in pool at Chon Buri villa

Thaiger

Yesterday, a 4 year old boy drowned in a swimming pool at a villa in Suthathip district in the eastern province of Chon Buri. Rescue workers from Rojanathamsathan Rescue Unit rushed to the scene at 8:30pm yesterday but sadly couldn’t save 4 year old Falah Senluang. Falah’s family told police they had travelled to the two-story villa from Samut Prakan province in central Thailand for a holiday. The family were eating at the back of the house while 4 year old Falah was playing in the pool. Relatives said they noticed the child was quiet and when they went to […]

The story 4 year old drowns in pool at Chon Buri villa as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That should be a criminal act!

What parent with half a brain will allow a 4 year old to play unsupervised in a pool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loong said:

What parent with half a brain will allow a 4 year old to play unsupervised in a pool!

What parent with half a brain will allowed to have kids?

Isn't that the old story? For dogs, cars, motorbikes, you need to prove that you are be abl.., ...., oh, sorry, written down I can see my mistake 

1 hour ago, Loong said:

A very very sad parent now.

My two eldest kids were taken to mother and baby swimming classes starting at age 6 months.  They do not remember a time when they could not swim.  We looked upon this as a priority responsibility as parents. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Z650 said:

Unfortunately most Thai villages do not have advantage of a swimming pool, but I understand exactly what you mean.

Thais, that I have seen, don’t even have safety fences around the pools! Leaving a 4 year old unattended in a bath is bad enough let alone a pool. RIP toddler.

7 minutes ago, Z650 said:

Unfortunately most Thai villages do not have advantage of a swimming pool, but I understand exactly what you mean.

That is true,  but there is sometimes a way.  My g/f learnt to swim as a youngster, by hanging onto a banana tree branch in the water of a local lake and aided by a good swimming , ex military farmer, who taught the local kids.  Good on him,  but not all villages have that much luck.