News Forum - PM Prayut’s 3 trillion baht budget slammed ‘pointless’ by MFP leader

Thaiger

Opposition Move Forward Party leader Pita Limjaroenrat has slammed PM Prayut Chan-o-cha’s spending plans ahead of tomorrow’s budget bill as “pointless.” PM Prayut will defend the government’s 3.2-trillion-baht 2023 budget bill in a three-day House debate starting tomorrow, explain why the sum is so large and his spending plans for the fiscal year. But the MFP leader landed the first blow prior to the debate saying his party could never approve a budget that does not support the nation’s economic recovery in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Pita believes the PM’s plans only address existing needs, and that only […]

The story PM Prayut’s 3 trillion baht budget slammed ‘pointless’ by MFP leader as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well said Khun Pita. The state is devouring the resources of the country and leaving nothing but a confetti of minor budgets to address issues critical to the disadvantaged. Unless this illiterate self style government is removed soon the economy of this country will unravel and the future for young people will become hugely clouded. Without a significant long term investment in job creating industries there will be a large group of middlingly educated but unemployed young people who will become a major restive force that will demand revolutionary economic plans to rebuild their futures. But as we know the current rulers have no imagination, no interest in "ordinary" people and only a desire to spend on war toys and bureaucracy.

So what is Pita’s plan? It is easy to criticize a budget. I used to do it weekly with my wife’s expenses. It wasn’t until I worked it out myself that I realized her budget wasn’t that bad. Bonus - I no longer have to sleep on the sofa.

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

So what is Pita’s plan? It is easy to criticize a budget. I used to do it weekly with my wife’s expenses. It wasn’t until I worked it out myself that I realized her budget wasn’t that bad. Bonus - I no longer have to sleep on the sofa.

It's much more comfortable on the stairs anyway. The outside stairs. 😃

• Haha 1