News Forum - Monkeypox is not a shingles mingle or side effect of Covid-19 vax

Thaiger

The current monkeypox outbreak has not yet caused mass hysteria throughout the globe but there is enough false information doing the rounds on social media to cause concern. The latest stories circulating on social media suggest the outbreak of monkeypox is in fact shingles, while some others believe the flare-up is due to an adverse effect of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccination, and is being covered up. Don Vinh, an associate professor in McGill University’s Division of Experimental Medicine, in Montreal, dismissed these claims, saying the shingles and monkeypox diseases are caused by viruses from different families. “There are significant differences between […]

The story Monkeypox is not a shingles mingle or side effect of Covid-19 vax as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I think people are getting confused because the image in your story is shingles. That image has been used for years on the qldhealth website to illustrate what severe shingles looks like.

I miss the good old days when a rash was just a rash and that was a good enough explanation for the girls I dated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chookhead said:

I think people are getting confused because the image in your story is shingles. That image has been used for years on the qldhealth website to illustrate what severe shingles looks like.

I'm convinced that people can convince themselves of anything 😉

Of all the images representing monkeypox available on internet and in the scientific literature, you chose the least representative and most misleading... no surprise the widespread ignorance when discussing medicine topics.

Edited by Ivo_Shandor