List of countries by Covid-19 risk level, classified by Thailand’s DDC

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, joey said:

The Netherlands is listed as a high risk country yet it has 1/6 the infection rate of the UK based on per capita. Can someone explain this?

Nick Hancock, maybe? I jest, of course, but it is a tough question.

Hello, Joey and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

2 hours ago, joey said:

The Netherlands is listed as a high risk country yet it has 1/6 the infection rate of the UK based on per capita. Can someone explain this?

I have learned that the CDC only updates the list on 16th and 1st of each month. The fact that NL was still a RED country on the 16th means it was still classified HIGH RISK when the list was made. The ECDC has removed NL from the RED countries 2 days ago so i EXPECT/HOPE that the list will be updated on the 1st of July with NL put in the medium risk countries.

I'm waiting for this to happen before booking my flights for the sandbox in august. 

cheers :)

I find it a little more than puzzling that Thailand lists countries like the USA as "medium risk" country when their vaccination rate is far below that countries vaccination rate. So by that logic Thailand is a HIGH RISK country!

Can The Thaiger please let us know which countries moved to low risk and medium risk from high risk on the July 1st update? This vital news. Thanks! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thailand36 said:

Can The Thaiger please let us know which countries moved to low risk and medium risk from high risk on the July 1st update? This vital news. Thanks! 

Try the Skyscanner site that gives the risk and requirement info on a worldwide choice of departure and arrival locations . . . 

https://www.skyscanner.ie/travel-restrictions/thailand/29475320

Hello, thailand36 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

An update every two weeks would be very welcome! I travel to the Kingdom from Europe allready for 40+ years including the 2020/2021 winter season. We had a two week ASQ in November 2020 and are now fully vaccinated. It would be nice to be part of a sandbox experience and thus protect the Thai people without being locked up in a hotel for 15 days...

8 hours ago, thailand36 said:

UK has just been put on their red list.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/จัดกลุ่มประเทศตามความเสี่ยง กรมควบคุมโรค .pdf

Hi all, this is my first post.  Good to read what others are saying about Thailand and the Phuket sandbox at the moment.

I'm in the UK waiting to see if it's viable to apply for a CoE and go to Phuket so my hopes feel dashed somewhat by the new list of "high risk" countries.  Is it true the UK is now barred from the sandbox?  I posted this same question on the Thai Embassy website yesterday and, surprise surprise, today my question has been deleted as though no-one wants to admit to the answer (or are they hurriedly seeking clarification themselves)?

Does anyone understand what's going on at the moment because I can't find an answer anywhere on the internet yet?