News Forum - Train hits car, killing young girl in South Thailand

Thaiger

A train hit a car at a railway crossing with no barriers in South Thailand’s Chumphon province yesterday. The crash killed 16 year old Piyamat Nilsuk, and injured her brother, 19 year old Payungsak Nilsuk. Police arrived on the scene to find Piyamat and Payungsak’s car badly wrecked, after the crash had made it turn over several times until it landed on the side of the track. The siblings were rushed to a hospital, where Piyamut was pronounced dead. Payungsak was reportedly driving his sister to a class, and Lang Suan district police plan to question him later. The police […]

The story Train hits car, killing young girl in South Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Absolutely heartbreaking. RR crossings in rural areas (around the world) where there are no barriers are dangerous propositions. I heart goes out to the family. 

The car would take about five seconds to cross the tracks, so obviously the young driver did not look both ways to see if there was a train within that time. 

Having personally experienced this in my home country, I nearly got hit by a train at an unguarded crossing. The train is so big, your brain does not perceive it as a threat and you just don't see it. I used to stop for about 10 - 15 seconds and look both ways. I was about to go through the crossing, looked left and there was a diesel lcomotive about 70 meters away from me. Very close shave.

RIP to the young girl and condolrnces to her family.

Hang, they want Bullet trains in this country. If that train hits a car, there would not be much in the way of wreakage.

1 hour ago, IneptoCracy said:

Having personally experienced this in my home country, I nearly got hit by a train at an unguarded crossing. The train is so big, your brain does not perceive it as a threat and you just don't see it. I used to stop for about 10 - 15 seconds and look both ways. I was about to go through the crossing, looked left and there was a diesel lcomotive about 70 meters away from me. Very close shave.

RIP to the young girl and condolrnces to her family.

Hang, they want Bullet trains in this country. If that train hits a car, there would not be much in the way of wreakage.

The Chinese trains would be elevated and fenced and therefore remote from the possibility of collision.

Poolie. Nothing is remote from collisions in Thailand. They just paint out the logos so you cant see who the idiot is that crashed, be it airlines or number plates on cars or motorcycles.

21 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

Poolie. Nothing is remote from collisions in Thailand. They just paint out the logos so you cant see who the idiot is that crashed, be it airlines or number plates on cars or motorcycles.

Well unless they are going to introduce the much-sought-after flying cars...............😃

The flying cars that are being designed and produced by David Wilcock in Taiwan, talk seems to have gone quiet in the winter months of the US.

The folks here cant drive normal road cars, in the air they would be a flying disaster waiting to happen. 555

When a similar thing happened the last time (probably last week), I’m sure the government pledged to resolve these problems. Give em time I guess….  I’ll leave instructions in my will for my great great grandchild to check out the progress. 

• Haha 1