News Forum - 10 Thailand-Laos bus routes starting June 15

Thaiger

Starting next month, bus travel enthusiasts in Thailand will have 10 bus route options options in Laos. One of the Thailand-Laos bus routes began earlier this month, from Mukdahan to Savannakhet. Now, the president of Transport Co Ltd, Sanyalux Panwattanalikit, has listed 9 new Thailand-Laos routes starting June 15. The new routes will be: Nong Khai to Vientiane, Udon Thani to Vientiane, Ubon Ratchathani to Pakse, Khon Kaen to Vientiane, Bangkok to Vientiane, Nakhon Phanom to Thakhek, Chiang Rai to Bokeo, Loei to Luang Prabang, and a line running between Udon Thani, Udon Thani International Airport, Nong Khai, and Vang […]

The story 10 Thailand-Laos bus routes starting June 15 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The article doesn't mention it but I assume that you need to already have a visa to enter Laos or they will not allow you to board the bus.

I always had to get a visa in Khon Kaen when using the Khon Kaen/Udon Thani/Vientiane route.

16 hours ago, Loong said:

The article doesn't mention it but I assume that you need to already have a visa to enter Laos or they will not allow you to board the bus.

I always had to get a visa in Khon Kaen when using the Khon Kaen/Udon Thani/Vientiane route.

No need visa for me with a 30day pass

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

No need visa for me with a 30day pass

That's new to me, I have never heard of a 30 day pass. I thought all foreigners had to get a visa to enter Laos.

I know that you can get a visa at the bridge, but the bus never used to wait for you to get a visa. So you had to get a visa beforehand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hhhh said:

How are on arrival covid tests going to be done?  Make an incoming bus stop at the Thai checkpoint for a few hours?

Not needed. Just a cert of vax

1 hour ago, Loong said:

That's new to me, I have never heard of a 30 day pass. I thought all foreigners had to get a visa to enter Laos.

I know that you can get a visa at the bridge, but the bus never used to wait for you to get a visa. So you had to get a visa beforehand.

And don't forget to complete your ThailandPass to come back

I came across from Nong Khai about 10 days ago with my Lao lady. I took the little bus for Lao/Thai people from NK to border, a few baht, because it wasn't full of Lao people. No farangs at Thai immigration exit and I was out quick enough to get back on the little bus. One farang at the Lao side who didn't fill out paper work correctly so was redoing. As always Lao side is slow but certainly with no line quicker than usual. There she did finish entrance quicker. Friend picked us up. 

Border pass really only way for Lao people because if they want to use passport they also have to do very unnecessary Thai Pass. As of the 1st, I believe, Thai people no longer have to use Thai Pass but still in effect for all others. 

There is no 30 day pass and 30 day tourist visa is now 40 USD or 1,700 baht. 

I haven't been into Vientiane but am about 21 clicks outside. No farangs here. I did see one other while we were enjoying a Beer Lao after crossing. Bars, karaoke etc. open.

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Not needed. Just a cert of vax

Bangkokpost said this for land arrivals :

For visitors who intend to stay longer, vaccinated travellers would not be quarantined if they pass antigen tests

So, they have dropped the part on antigen test?  But this dropping of the requirement has not been reported anywhere.

31 minutes ago, hhhh said:

Bangkokpost said this for land arrivals :

For visitors who intend to stay longer, vaccinated travellers would not be quarantined if they pass antigen tests

So, they have dropped the part on antigen test?  But this dropping of the requirement has not been reported anywhere.

I was under the impression they hadFB_IMG_1652234231788.thumb.jpg.d6887291ed77cc1cb2417888073076eb.jpg