News Forum - Yet another necklace theft against an Indian tourist in Pattaya

Thaiger

The seventh Indian tourist in the past few weeks says thieves in Pattaya stole his pricey necklace. The tourist, 28 year old Gourab Paul, says 2 women approached him when he was heading back to his hotel with his friends early this morning after a night out in South Pattaya. In a story that seems almost identical in all the recent necklace theft cases, Gourab says the women “offered him companionship”, according to The Pattaya News.  Gourab says one of the women then went behind him and discretely took his gold necklace valued at 85,000 baht. He said he pushed […]

The story Yet another necklace theft against an Indian tourist in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Must be very light fingered to find the clasp, and the little piece you move to open it up. 

Especially when you have BIG HANDS....😝

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

What's Thai for 'Serves You Right'? Walking home late at night with Bht85k necklace showing. Silly man.

what's Thai for insurance scam.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

what's Thai for insurance scam.  

I'll  go with----

He's Indian, gold is status, he's one of those  "look at me and my gold "crowd.

Another dumb tourist cleaned out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

I'll  go with----

He's Indian, gold is status, he's one of those  "look at me and my gold "crowd.

Another dumb tourist cleaned out.

7 reports of gold snatched from Indians, in Pattaya, in 2 weeks? That's a scam if ever I heard of one. They surely can't all be that stupid, can they? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

They surely can't all be that stupid, can they? 

You're too optimistic 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I think that what is worse than the thefts is the comments each time from people who show no empathy, and probably wouldn't show any compassion either. Possibly the affected people will read your comments. How do you think they'll feel? How would you feel?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sumlee said:

I think that what is worse than the thefts is the comments each time from people who show no empathy, and probably wouldn't show any compassion either. Possibly the affected people will read your comments. How do you think they'll feel? How would you feel?

How can anyone show empathy for someone who is obviously lacking in common sense, if that person does read the comments on here and takes it in what has been said, well maybe he won't repeat his bad choice of wearing jewelry openly displayed for every opportunist thief to get their hands on it. 

Personally I wouldn't wear my heart on my sleeve in Pattaya never mind jewelry. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Walking home late at night with Bht85k necklace showing. Silly man.

Lol, if I drive a Ferrari, does that mean you can just take my keys and drive it away? People can just own what they want. Others should just not steal. I thought that was the logic we are living with in 2022.

16 hours ago, WilliamG said:

What's Thai for 'Serves You Right'? Walking home late at night with Bht85k necklace showing. Silly man.

If you feel the need to buy gold for THB 85K, as an investment, put it in a safe. Otherwise you might as well walk around with a necklace made of 85 individual 1000 baht bills. And see how far you get. 

I think this must be a scam, most of the Indians I see haggle and hustle for a discount every chance they get. Money is always on their minds, the opportunity for a deal presents itself everywhere. The only question is: are they in fact insured?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Lol, if I drive a Ferrari, does that mean you can just take my keys and drive it away? People can just own what they want. Others should just not steal. I thought that was the logic we are living with in 2022.

If you leave any car on the street with the keys in the ignition, what do you expect will happen? It doesn't make it right, they're not allowed to take the car. 

1 hour ago, Sumlee said:

Do you really think that the affected 'victims' read this, or any other forum?

10 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

But would you park it on the street with the keys inside? There is a certain level of common sense lacking with people traveling to foreign countries and flashing expensive jewelry. Assuming this is not a scam, it's time to at least starting asking... Are these people even paying attention to whats been happening. Time to wise up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cabra said:

But would you park it on the street with the keys inside? There is a certain level of common sense lacking with people traveling to foreign countries and flashing expensive jewelry. Assuming this is not a scam, it's time to at least starting asking... Are these people even paying attention to whats been happening. Time to wise up. 

Did he just lay his jewelry on the sidewalk for someone to grab? He was literally wearing it, and would be the same as someone pulling me out of my Ferrari or taking my keys out of my pocket. 

No matter what a person wears, you should not touch the person nor their belongings without their consent. 

1 minute ago, DiJoDavO said:

No matter what a person wears, you should not touch the person nor their belongings without their consent

I don't disagree. And it's unfortunate that there are bad people doing bad things. However, there comes a point when you have to practice self preservation. Which is exactly why I (and many others) know better To flash expensive jewelry in certain areas (particularly at night). Time for Indian tourist to wise up to that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Did he just lay his jewelry on the sidewalk for someone to grab? He was literally wearing it, and would be the same as someone pulling me out of my Ferrari or taking my keys out of my pocket. 

No matter what a person wears, you should not touch the person nor their belongings without their consent. 

There is a vast difference between "should not" and 'will not'

A fool and his jewelry are soon parted, we are talking Pattaya here, Noddy may get away displaying the crown jewels in Toy Town, but Pattaya....no.

6 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Which is exactly why I (and many others) know better To flash expensive jewelry in certain areas (particularly at nigh

I'm a man, I don't wear jewelry at any time, I leave that to my g/f.  I don't shave my chest, or wax my legs either. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I'm a man, I don't wear jewelry at any time, I leave that to my g/f.  I don't shave my chest, or wax my legs either. 

As am I. I was thinking more my Tag Hauer watch 😉 I also clip my nose hairs 🤪

1 minute ago, Cabra said:

As am I. I was thinking more my Tag Hauer watch 😉 I also clip my nose hairs 🤪

Fair enough, a watch could be seen as an item of jewelry, but I gave up watches when I stopped full time working. I'm not even sure that I know what day it is, never mind what the time is 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sumlee said:

I would ask them what the purpose of the visit to Pattaya was. 

17 hours ago, Pinetree said:

7 reports of gold snatched from Indians, in Pattaya, in 2 weeks? That's a scam if ever I heard of one. They surely can't all be that stupid, can they? 

Yes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

You will be shocked then to discover that there are multiple generations of males who do trim and shave. They call it manscaping and the razors & trimmers are quite the niche. You may wish to find out what the under 40 years of age crowd has been up to. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vigo said:

You will be shocked then to discover that there are multiple generations of males who do trim and shave. They call it manscaping and the razors & trimmers are quite the niche. You may wish to find out what the under 40 years of age crowd has been up to. 

No thanks, no interest in what they are up to at all.  I have 3 children under 40, one under 25, and I don't understand them much at all.  In fairness, they don't understand  me either.   We get on famously. 

• Like 1