News Forum - Saudi deal to inject ‘billions’ into Thai economy

Thaiger

Thailand is to welcome a delegation from oil-rich Saudi Arabia in July which could potentially inject “billions” into the nation’s economy. Board of Trade of Thailand Chairman Sanan Angubolkul yesterday revealed delegations from both the private and public sector of Saudi Arabia are scheduled to visit the kingdom from July 4-7 to discuss trade and investment between the two countries. “This is a good opportunity to build mutual confidence in trade and investment. Thailand has the potential to become a hub in ASEAN for Saudi Arabian trade and investment. The Board of Trade is confident that Thailand is well prepared […]

The story Saudi deal to inject ‘billions’ into Thai economy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My goodness; they will sell their very  soul to any low life, deeply unpleasant, stone age, foreign State  that will give them money. 

• Like 6

Hopefully it can be a fruitful partnership for both sides. 

Thailand is a hot destination for Saudis right now. So many want to visit and it's very easy now with the direct flights on Saudia. Thai had been codesharing with Gulf. 

Good opportunities for Thais wishing to work there. Doctors and nurses are very well paid. For professional and semi-skilled workers it's worth it. 

For labourers and the like in construction, probably not. Indians, Pakistanis, Bangla, and Afghan will accept conditions and salaries that Thais probably won't.  

For those making cynical comments about money, it's what makes the world go round. 

12 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thailand is a hot destination for Saudis right now. So many want to visit and it's very easy now with the direct flights on Saudia. Thai had been codesharing with Gulf. 

Good opportunities for Thais wishing to work there. Doctors and nurses are very well paid. For professional and semi-skilled workers it's worth it. 

For labourers and the like in construction, probably not. Indians, Pakistanis, Bangla, and Afghan will accept conditions and salaries that Thais probably won't.  

For those making cynical comments about money, it's what makes the world go round. 

There are many other places for Thais to work. that don't include a deeply unpleasant State that kills, murders,  tortures and disrespects others religious views, woman, anyone who is not straight , even when some of them hide alternative life styles.  As for saying that money is the prime driver for all international relations, look where that simplistic  attitude towards Russia got us.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

There are many other places for Thais to work. that don't include a deeply unpleasant State that kills, murders,  tortures and disrespects others religious views, woman, anyone who is not straight , even when some of them hide alternative life styles.  As for saying that money is the prime driver for all international relations, look where that simplistic  attitude towards Russia got us. 

1) How about you let the Thais decide where they work.

2) No country is perfect. And the changes in Saudi over the past few years have been transformational, including those affecting the lives of women. As someone who's witnessed all that first hand, and more I can honestly say that things are moving at light speed relatively. In fact, for the older generation that it too fast. But when something like 60% of the country is under 30, this is a one way process and it's not stopping anytime soon. 

3) Plenty of gay people here. In many ways, which I can't be bothered to go into, it's a lot easier to do gay stuff in Saudi than straight stuff. 

4) Money, trade, commerce, business. They kind of trump cultural exchanges every time. What do you suggest?

5) let's see what exactly comes out of the meeting, before denigrating it 

6) never conflate the actions of government with the actions of its people. Or are we to judge all Thais based on the Tak Bai massacre, or the Krue Se Mosque attack etc etc ... you get the idea...

• Haha 1

I don't know what you are referring to. But if you have studied history you should know that when the roman empire dominated europe, the arabs still grazed camels.

the romans already knew the taqiyya ...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bingo said:

I don't know what you are referring to. But if you have studied history you should know that when the roman empire dominated europe, the arabs still grazed camels.

the romans already knew the taqiyya ...

And what does that have to do with the visiting delegation and job opportunities for Thais in KSA?

There's going off topic and then there's going off topic ...

You fall into the latter category..😝

7 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Some are quick to denigrate Thailand, The history of the country of Siam may be a good read for them.

Indeed. No need to read a book. Maybe they should just leave a country they profess to dislike so much. 

I suspect most of the Thai haters lurking in dark corners, are stuck there, past their prime, and lacking the funds to do anything about it. 

Bridges burned, and no boat, not even a canoe in sight. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And the changes in Saudi over the past few years have been transformational, 

The changes in Yemen have been transformational also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pinetree said:

This horrible regime as you rightly say is...

...an ally of the US... (https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-saudi-arabia/)

...an ally of France (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Saudi_Arabia_relations)

...an ally of the UK (https://www.gov.uk/world/saudi-arabia/news)

Our mission

We develop and maintain the long-standing relationship between the UK and Saudi Arabia. We build on the bilateral relationship between our two governments and peoples, especially in the areas of trade and investment, education, culture, energy and climate security, and defence.

...and even an ally of Isreal although it is not "official" but for noone a secret (https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-704889)

etc... etc...

This is the World we live in. And in this wonderful World, no reason why Thailand should not get its piece of the cake.

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

This horrible regime as you rightly say is...

...an ally of the US... (https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-saudi-arabia/)

...an ally of France (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France–Saudi_Arabia_relations)

...an ally of the UK (https://www.gov.uk/world/saudi-arabia/news)

...and even an ally of Isreal although it is not "official" but for noone a secret (https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-704889)

etc... etc...

This is the World we live in. And in this wonderful World, no reason why Thailand should not get its piece of the cake.

Oh, you again, I thought that I had blocked you.  I will renew that block. 

• Like 1

Saudi-Arabia is not a country for women. Many Philipinas working in household Philippina get raped. Dead sentence also common. Not a place to go.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Oh, you again, I thought that I had blocked you.  I will renew that block. 

Ah, these wonderful people who "block" (??) others to avoid a simple debat with people that do not think like them are always the same people who pose themselves as moral soldiers against any conflict in this world without understanding that pratically all conflicts start when debating become impossible and communication has stopped. A wonderful World indeed. Take care of yourself mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thai thinking everybody in the world waiting for them. Thai woman will get jobs as nurs and can work in household with all conveniences. And that sit.

Sounds like a really good deal for Saudi Arabia export Thai Doctors and skilled staff for which there is already a serious shortage in Thailand to work in Saudi complimented by low skilled maids to work as slaves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fanta said:

Indeed. Those Houthis and Iran have definitely changed things. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Train said:

Saudi-Arabia is not a country for women. Many Philipinas working in household Philippina get raped. Dead sentence also common. Not a place to go.

Not the only country in the world where people get raped .... And other countries have far higher rates, yet it's fashionable to jump on the bandwagon.

4 hours ago, Train said:

Thai thinking everybody in the world waiting for them. Thai woman will get jobs as nurs and can work in household with all conveniences. And that sit.

Why shouldn't they get jobs as nurses etc, so long as the English skills are there. 

Plenty of Filipinas, Malays, Indians do the same. Why should Thais be any different?

3 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Sounds like a really good deal for Saudi Arabia export Thai Doctors and skilled staff for which there is already a serious shortage in Thailand to work in Saudi complimented by low skilled maids to work as slaves.

I did say in my first post. I don't think there will be many going to work in unskilled positions. 

For the construction industry there are millions of Pak, Ind, Bangla, Nep, Afghan who will work for less money, and live in worse conditions than a Thai would accept. 

Ditto the domestics, re Filpina, Indo, Ethio, Sudan etc. Thais aren't going to work as domestics for 10k a month. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I did say in my first post. I don't think there will be many going to work in unskilled positions. 

For the construction industry there are millions of Pak, Ind, Bangla, Nep, Afghan who will work for less money, and live in worse conditions than a Thai would accept. 

Ditto the domestics, re Filpina, Indo, Ethio, Sudan etc. Thais aren't going to work as domestics for 10k a month. 

You wast you live for little money.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:46 AM, Fanta said:

And boy, have they been transformed into a parking lot. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not the only country in the world where people get raped .... And other countries have far higher rates, yet it's fashionable to jump on the bandwagon.

You either a Saudi nor never been there. No idea what is going on.

1 hour ago, Train said:

You either a Saudi nor never been there. No idea what is going on.

Nope. You're completely wrong there, on both counts. 

In Saudi right now, and have been for many years. I suspect I know slightly more than you. 

• Thanks 1