Condo suddenly started a big construction - anything I can do?

Toonick

Hi. 

Signed a one year contract in October of last year at a new condo which finished construction.
Now they decided to build another automated parking tower. The construction gives a lot of noise and I'm unable to use the swimming pool or to go for a walk outside in the garden. It's also very hard (if not impossible) to take my car out, since they're blocking the road 90% of the time with big trucks. 

I want to terminate the contract and not lose my 2 month deposit. I've talked to the realtor but they're not taking any action. 
Is there anything I can do?

3 minutes ago, Toonick said:

Is there anything I can do?

Use noise cancelling earphones... 😁

I got similar issues, albeit at a lower extent than yours, when I work from home, as my neighbour is refitting the apartment and there is drilling noise since last month... I don't get why they are drilling so much, sooner or later they'll end up into my side of the wall 😁.

Anyway, if the works are authorized by the juristic office, and this circumstance is not included in your contract, there is little you can do, maybe file a complaint about the road blockage, that's a safety issue btw.

Seriously nothing I can do? I was not told of this construction and was told it is a finished oondo. 

1 hour ago, Toonick said:

Seriously nothing I can do? I was not told of this construction and was told it is a finished oondo. 

Give it a go. You'll find out then? 😃

OP, you are stuck, move and lose your deposit or put up with it.

Personally,. I would not go back to condo living for all the money I can think of.  You have little to no control over your living conditions, your neighborhood or very near neighbors.   A house in the country for me every time.  

33 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

OP, you are stuck, move and lose your deposit or put up with it.

Personally,. I would not go back to condo living for all the money I can think of.  You have little to no control over your living conditions, your neighborhood or very near neighbors.   A house in the country for me every time.  

And I could never go back to living in a house due to mosquitoes and theft. I live in the La Royale condo in NaJomtien and we recently went through the same thing with The Riviera building right next door.

Aren't they supposed to stop building after 6-ish? And just curious, how does the building prevent you from using your pool or garden? Have you spoken to the juristic person of your building? Their job is to represent you. ???