News Forum - Health ministry clarifies lifting of mask mandate in “designated areas only”

Thaiger

Not so fast, says the Public Health Ministry, responding to news that Thailand’s mask mandate could be lifted next month. Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit has issued a clarification that this could apply in certain areas only. According to Kiattiphum, Thailand’s Covid-19 situation has improved quicker than expected and officials believe the virus can be downgraded to endemic as planned. At that point, measures will need to be in place to protect the public and ensure they can safely live with Covid-19. Kiattiphum says cancelling the mask mandate is one option, but there will be some exceptions if this happens. The mandate […]

The story Health ministry clarifies lifting of mask mandate in “designated areas only” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

The definition of blackmailing.

We take things away from you. We just give it back if you adhere to our conditions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Covid-19 situation has improved quicker than expected and officials believe the virus can be downgraded to endemic as planned.

Thailand's Covid-19 testing has stopped, so numbers have reduced quicker than we could make up. Officials believe the virus can be downgraded to endemic to save any loss of face.

There, fixed it for you.

Why does it feel like I'm living in North Korea? Living the dream?? Haha, utterly hilarious. This country is now an open prison, and let's not forget the strict visa rules, etc. Enjoy it lucky people!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Why does it feel like I'm living in North Korea? Living the dream?? Haha, utterly hilarious. This country is now an open prison, and let's not forget the strict visa rules, etc. Enjoy it lucky people!

Even though I don't like to wear a mask, I think you go a little bit too far there. 😂 The provinces they are talking about are also the ones where most people are, if I didn't forget to count one.

If people in any of the other provinces see what's happening in the provinces where they don't need to wear a mask, they'll just follow whether there are restrictions or not, and no one will give a f about it🙂

• Like 2

mask = muzzle. 

muzzle: : a fastening or covering for the mouth of an animal used to prevent eating or biting

b: something (such as censorship) that restrains normal expression

When the sheep are used to the muzzle, it is easier to tighten other freedoms.

1 hour ago, thaifarmer said:

mask = muzzle. 

muzzle: : a fastening or covering for the mouth of an animal used to prevent eating or biting

b: something (such as censorship) that restrains normal expression

When the sheep are used to the muzzle, it is easier to tighten other freedoms.

Basic hygiene,

one would suppose you hark back to the days when the barber lopped of your leg in the barn or the apothecary blamed your fever on the '4 humours' and extracted a pint of blood. 

But there again, for some, ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

They can’t help themselves. Talk about over complicating a simple issue. They said - 

“However, the health ministry says certain high-risk groups, including those over the age of 60, people with underlying health conditions, and pregnant women, may still need to mask up in certain situations.”

There will be a few older guys with beer bellies being stopped by the Covid police then!  

It’s an utterly insane comment to make. Maybe by July they will increase the age to 65. You literally couldn’t make it up. And these people are the brightest and the best in Thailand.  My God!! 

11 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Basic hygiene,

one would suppose you hark back to the days when the barber lopped of your leg in the barn or the apothecary blamed your fever on the '4 humours' and extracted a pint of blood. 

But there again, for some, ignorance is bliss.

Wearing a face mask in every setting - isn't, has never been, or ever will be  "basic hygiene".

The 

• Like 1

I just don’t understand 

Here in Australia I see people walking alone along a beach front environment, nobody within miles and wearing a mask 

I even see people driving cars alone wearing masks 

Mask wearing people in restaurants removing masks and either putting them on the table or in their pocket 

How often are they replacing the disposable masks or washing the other non disposable ones 

many people have been happy following the “expert medical “ advice in relation to the epidemic and even happier being ignorant that there was nothing in writing from the “ expert medical panel” justifying lockdowns etc 

• Like 1