News Forum - Wheels of Royal Thai Air Force plane burst during landing in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

A Royal Thai Air Force aircraft is stuck on the runway of Ubon Ratchathani International Airport after both rear wheels of the plane burst during landing at 11:30am this morning. The normal brake system failed to work so the pilot used the emergency brakes to prevent the plane skidding off the runway, causing the rear wheels to burst, making it impossible to move the plane off the runway. The airport is expected to remain closed until at least 9pm this evening. Spokesperson for the Royal Thai Air Force Pol. Gen. Prapas Sonjaidee said the plane is a C-130 aircraft type […]

The story Wheels of Royal Thai Air Force plane burst during landing in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is news? An aircraft had a tyre burst on landing? Worldwide there are at least 20 incidents reported every year.

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Justifications for the F-35s?

Hardly. A great big hulking transport plane with propellers, replaced by the semi-amphibian fighter jet of the moment?

As a former Air Engineer, (a flying spanner), in the RAF I'd be thinking, mmmmm a lot of work to get Fat Albert off his knees. I wounder how much extra LOA (living overseas allowance) will this rake in?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

22 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Worldwide there are at least 20 incidents reported every year.

where do you ever get that stat from, it's more like that 'per day' 

3 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

As a former Air Engineer, (a flying spanner), in the RAF I'd be thinking, mmmmm a lot of work to get Fat Albert off his knees. I wounder how much extra LOA (living overseas allowance) will this rake in?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Airbags. Big ones. I have seen them used to get the front end of a 747 off the ground after the nosewheel got retracted (mistake or fault, I never did find out) while the engines were being tested at BA's engineering base at Heathrow.

• Like 1