News Forum - Thailand Covid insurance for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

Press Release  One of the most important requirements for visitors to Thailand now that the old rules have been lifted is the COVID-19 insurance plan for foreigners, which covers at least $10,000. In addition to meeting all the other requirements, the traveller must also have a valid visa and a Thailand Pass. This health insurance is an extra safety measure to ensure that the traveller will be able to pay for all costs if they get COVID-19 or die from it while in the kingdom. Thai immigration authorities are notoriously rigorous when it comes to documentation, and they only accept insurance […]

The story Thailand Covid insurance for Thailand Pass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

So does that mean I can't use my Western insurance that mentions full covid cover and covers me for 10 million dollars

• Like 2

My WR Life medical policy includes Covid cover. An email to them and I got a certificate confirming cover, which was accepted by Thailand Pass.

• Thanks 1

bizarre, i get my pass and i provide the insurance contracted when i bought my flight ticket. so how comes i get my pass without the selected insurance?

• Like 1

I initially bought my Covid insurance from AXA Sawasdee Thailand. At the time I think we still needed $75,000 of cover. It was ฿6,250 baht. Today, with only $10,000 cover, it remains ฿6,250. I recognise that the amount paid is not the primary reason for the policy charge. However you would imagine some reduction given the significant reduction in cover amount. Shameful by AXA and I won’t be using them should I require it on future visits. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

I initially bought my Covid insurance from AXA Sawasdee Thailand. At the time I think we still needed $75,000 of cover. It was ฿6,250 baht. Today, with only $10,000 cover, it remains ฿6,250. I recognise that the amount paid is not the primary reason for the policy charge. However you would imagine some reduction given the significant reduction in cover amount. Shameful by AXA and I won’t be using them should I require it on future visits. 

These insurance companies are the biggest Scammers

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

If they are still in business and not successful in applying for bankruptcy. Must be hard to find a COVID19 insurance company still in business though.

20 hours ago, WilliamG said:

My WR Life medical policy includes Covid cover. An email to them and I got a certificate confirming cover, which was accepted by Thailand Pass.

I have Aetna health insurance and I also got a certificate of Covid cover from them, after the same procedure. I am coverred for my return flight, in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

I agree that they are and the government are complicit. 

One thing I would say in defence of the AXA Sawasdee policy, is that it not just Covid cover. It also includes general hospitalisation. Loss of baggage and a few other thing. Consequently, those elements have not changed and hence you could argue the main cost to the insurer in the event of a claim have largely remained the same. That said, its poor marketing to see a major selling point of the policy reduce from $75,000 to $10,000 and no price reduction. 

The Thailand Pass helpline, (BKK) told me my existing health insurance (returning expat) would be accepted, with a cover note re COVID cover, despite the insurance company not being on any Thai "approved" list. 

Is The Thaiger implying they have given me duff info, and my Thailand Pass application will be rejected?