News Forum - Former Thai PM issues death penalty warning to coup-makers

Thaiger

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra last night fired a warning to the nation’s coup-makers that they could still face the death sentence in the future. Thaksin, who also turned his ire on current PM Prayut Chan-o-cha labelling him “a dictator” and someone “increasingly disconnected from reality,” says he hopes he will receive justice for the wrongs against him and punishment dealt to those who subverted the law. “I believe that one day we will have our own constitution. And according to the principle of law, retrospective punishment is not doable, but this government is using retrospective law against me, so […]

The story Former Thai PM issues death penalty warning to coup-makers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Please wait for the emergency decree to be over😭😭😭 They'll grab every chance to extend it, but when it's gone, they don't have any excuse that some still might understand. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 11:01 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Let's all hope he can come back soon and this nightmare can finally be over. 

I have only seen Thailand improve to my benefit under this government, even though I am no fan. Shinawatra should be tried in the Hague for his role in extrajudicial executions under his watch. And to be fair, so should this lot for being caught red handed taking bribes related to human trafficking.

But this lot advance my personal interests more than Tony Woodsome, so let him slowly dry out in the sandpit and never return. A fate he richly deserves anyhow.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

I have only seen Thailand improve to my benefit under this government, even though I am no fan. Shinawatra should be tried in the Hague for his role in extrajudicial executions under his watch. And to be fair, so should this lot for being caught red handed taking bribes related to human trafficking.

But this lot advance my personal interests more than Tony Woodsome, so let him slowly dry out in the sandpit and never return. A fate he richly deserves anyhow.

+1