News Forum - Thailand could drop its mask mandate by mid-June, says Ministry of Public Health

Thaiger

After two years of compulsory mask-wearing in indoor and outdoor spaces, Thailand aims to drop its mask mandate by mid-June, according to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health Dr. Kiattipoom Wongrachit. At a conference held today at Diamond Plaza hotel in Surat Thani, southern Thailand, Kiattipoom said the ministry is considering dropping the compulsory mandate as soon as mid-June given Thailand’s continually improving Covid-19 situation. Even once the mandate is dropped, the MOPH recommends – but will not enforce – wearing a mask in three instances… If you are infected with Covid-19 or you are in a […]

The story Thailand could drop its mask mandate by mid-June, says Ministry of Public Health as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Well what ever happens then just take your own precautions. Had both types of Covid, 1rst with delta with no vaccine and 2nd with Omicron having both shots but 6 months afterwards and am still here to tell about it. On the other hand, if not vaccinated it is a chance that one can have a heck of a time and wished they did get the jab, but whate evder happens we only have ourselves to point the finger at either way. I will still choose to wear a mask in certain scenarios as in places.

• Like 5

Asking for a friend, why does Thailand take a month to do everything?  If it’s not needed, then why not change it now? What exactly will make it different in a month from now?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, mid-June. 

Now expect Anutin to come out and say that masks are still necessary for foreigners and the freedom of not wearing a mask is only for Thai people on June 14th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Soidog said:

“Aiming”. Nough said! 

Yeah. With every change they follow this same pattern. They float a trial ballon to see how changes will be accepted. Then they propose the change. Then the approve the change. Then they reapprove the change. And then the publish the change in the Royal Gazette. Then the change happens. then they warn to strictly follow other rules or else — as though we’re all children to be lectured to  

Honestly I have doubts this will happen. We’ve seen across the globe cases go up and down because well that’s how viruses and diseases behave. And these bureaucrats don’t have the guts to lead. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Ok, mid-June. 

Now expect Anutin to come out and say that masks are still necessary for foreigners and the freedom of not wearing a mask is only for Thai people on June 14th.

ROFL. If anything it will be the opposite. Thais love wearing their muzzles, foreigners hate it. So I think you'll be seeing 100% maskless foreigners but most Thais still wearing them on June 15.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JJJ said:

Asking for a friend, why does Thailand take a month to do everything?  If it’s not needed, then why not change it now? What exactly will make it different in a month from now?

Anutin needs 3 more weeks to offload his excess inventory of masks.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well what ever happens then just take your own precautions. Had both types of Covid, 1rst with delta with no vaccine and 2nd with Omicron having both shots but 6 months afterwards and am still here to tell about it. On the other hand, if not vaccinated it is a chance that one can have a heck of a time and wished they did get the jab, but whate evder happens we only have ourselves to point the finger at either way. I will still choose to wear a mask in certain scenarios as in places.

Oh man up already you snowflake. I am unvaccinated and will never be vaccinated. No one that remains unvaccinated now will ever get the shot.

No unvaccinated person "wishes" they got the jab.

Edited by Highlandman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So, what's the point? The expats and the farangs who lives in Thailand forever never wear masks at all especially for those who are bar hopping. For us, as a regular tourists, we're about to leave in less than a week, still have to wear mask, no matter what due to the fact that we're taking covid test less than 24 hours before departure and going back to our country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I will still choose to wear a mask in certain scenarios as in places.

Loy kroh rd...     was a good idea even before covid  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Oh man up already you snowflake. I am unvaccinated and will never be vaccinated. No one that remains unvaccinated now will ever get the shot.

No unvaccinated person "wishes" they got the jab.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/its-too-late-doctor-says-her-covid-19-patients-beg-for-vaccines-before-death

made sure it was a Fox link for you before u cry fake news.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

ROFL. If anything it will be the opposite. Thais love wearing their muzzles, foreigners hate it. So I think you'll be seeing 100% maskless foreigners but most Thais still wearing them on June 15.

Are you new in Thailand? Do you know Anutin? 😂

3 hours ago, Highlandman said:

On June 15th, yeah no talking about it. But it will go there too, it is just slow. It is not 100% anymore and for a while. It is just slow…far too slow…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ace035 said:

So, what's the point? The expats and the farangs who lives in Thailand forever never wear masks at all especially for those who are bar hopping. For us, as a regular tourists, we're about to leave in less than a week, still have to wear mask, no matter what due to the fact that we're taking covid test less than 24 hours before departure and going back to our country.

Well l am an expat, and have been wearing a mask since this all started, and l do not actually go to bars, for someone who seem to know a lot it seems you know very little, unless you have traveled the whole of Thailand and seen every expat?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

On the other hand, if not vaccinated it is a chance that one can have a heck of a time and wished they did get the jab

It depends on age mostly. The vast majority of hospital admissions in Europe were people over 65. Average age of death is 80+. The virus has been in circulation for over 2.5 years and is weaker for it. I didn't take the vaccine, didn't wear the mask and never showed any symptoms. So about time every country treats people like grown ups but at the current rate it'll take Asia another 6 months to remove mask mandates entirely. 

2 hours ago, Tigermask said:

It depends on age mostly. The vast majority of hospital admissions in Europe were people over 65. Average age of death is 80+. The virus has been in circulation for over 2.5 years and is weaker for it. I didn't take the vaccine, didn't wear the mask and never showed any symptoms. So about time every country treats people like grown ups but at the current rate it'll take Asia another 6 months to remove mask mandates entirely. 

How can you expect to be treated as a grown-up if you didn't even take the vaccine?

• Like 5

Would anyone know if this includes the poor kids at school? Truly hope so, but of course even if it did it would most likely 'divide' classrooms with some paranoid parents insisting that their kids keep them on, I mean logically if the parents still wear them they aren't likely to tell little Somchai he can be freed and be a normal child? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

How can you expect to be treated as a grown-up if you didn't even take the vaccine?

What??? Wake up! The vaccine was a complete scam, I had 3 but happy enough to hold my hands up that I got conned..ZERO chance of my kids being poisoned for no reason.

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

Would anyone know if this includes the poor kids at school? Truly hope so, but of course even if it did it would most likely 'divide' classrooms with some paranoid parents insisting that their kids keep them on, I mean logically if the parents still wear them they aren't likely to tell little Somchai he can be freed and be a normal child? 

Let's hope so. It's detrimental to kids development, cognition and learning to hamper their communication through masks at school

They need to come off for the children for sure. 

8 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Let's hope so. It's detrimental to kids development, cognition and learning to hamper their communication through masks at school

They need to come off for the children for sure. 

Absolutely! It's cruel, even evil. Also, apart from the physical side of things, as you mention, it's also the mental health side, i.e it's a constant, daily reminder that all is not well in the world. It's time to catch up with the civilised world now and move on from this nonsense once and for all, and don't look back. Enough already.

• Cool 1

Great news. Flimsy cloth muzzles are pointless - we've all been vaccinated, boosted, etc, and those who are still not happy can stay at home.

• Like 1