News Forum - Thailand introduces strict screening for arrivals from countries with monkeypox

Thaiger

Need to find something to do with all those desk jockeys now that the covid gravy train is running out of steam. 

• Like 1

Given half a chance, Anutin will over react,  extend restrictions and blame it all on "dirty " Farangs.

Another perfect vehicle for him and the government to reinforce and extend control. 

Just when we look as if we might be turning a corner, I'm starting to fear the worst. FFS, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Given half a chance, Anutin will over react,  extend restrictions and blame it all on "dirty " Farangs.

Another perfect vehicle for him and the government to reinforce and extend control. 

Just when we look as if we might be turning a corner, I'm starting to fear the worst. FFS, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

That's what Thailand is all about, it's all fear & control who cares about public health and safety, you'll find out the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grumpish said:

Need to find something to do with all those desk jockeys now that the covid gravy train is running out of steam. 

The pot is running dry, they need to come up with more monkey business

Not sure THA really needed to emergency mobilize resources with such urgency to develop a test that can be administered with a 24 hour turnaround within the next 2 weeks, seeing as the recommended specimen type for laboratory confirmation of monkeypox is skin lesion material, or lesion crusts... Seems like all you need to do is open your eyes and see a lesion... I'm being a bit facetious... But still, seems a bit overzealous at this juncture.

I'm over all this non sense George soros bill gates economic forum dVos freak show biden Ukraine corruption they will stop at nothing Charles schab I hope you get strung up on a pole for all to see

On 5/24/2022 at 4:20 AM, Cabra said:

What I fear more is this is just now getting started (the media fear mongering)... I get monkeypox is showing up in more countries where it's not typical endemic, but screening using a self assessment screening card. Worthless. And now the media reports are it's spreading mostly due to sexual contract (note: it's not sexually transmitted, just spreading as a result of). If a single case does appear around Asoke/Nana it's likely game over for Thailand given this latest overreaction.

Well what you don't say... But the fear mongering is not only the media or in Thailand, Belgium has already introduced a 21 days quarantine for monkeypox patients. Of course the mainstream media are already loving it, look at the headline of this article https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/belgium-introduces-mandatory-monkeypox-quarantine-as-global-cases-rise.html. Yes, "as global cases rise"!!! (a hugely alarming 92 cases when this article was published). And of course, a couple of beautiful pictures to go with it in case you did not get the only point of this headline and article: fear.

Everyone here, can you also smell the coffee from miles away????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Manu said:

Well what you don't say... But the fear mongering is not only the media or in Thailand, Belgium has already introduced a 21 days quarantine for monkeypox patients. Of course the mainstream media are already loving it, look at the headline of this article https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/belgium-introduces-mandatory-monkeypox-quarantine-as-global-cases-rise.html. Yes, "as global cases rise"!!! (a hugely alarming 92 cases when this article was published). And of course, a couple of beautiful pictures to go with it in case you did not get the only point of this headline and article: fear.

Everyone here, can you also smell the coffee from miles away????

When they start quarantine of people without a confirmed case (like they did for COVID) then it's the beginning of the end. We are not there yet. But I'm not sure we are far off. When (if) they start talking about incubation period, then it's coming.