News Forum - “I still love her:” Laos woman marries Thai man then runs away with the dowry

Thaiger

Today, a heartbroken Thai man recounted the story of how a woman lured him into marriage then ran off with the dowry money. Earlier this month, the 29 year old Thai groom married a 23 year old Laotian woman in Leoi province, northern Thailand. The next day, the bride ran off with the dowry money and hasn’t contacted the groom since. He admitted he was deceived by the woman, but says he still loves her and will give her another chance if she comes back. The groom said he only knew the bride for 10 days prior to the wedding. […]

The story “I still love her:” Laos woman marries Thai man then runs away with the dowry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

He admitted he was deceived by the woman, but says he still loves her and will give her another chance if she comes back. The groom said he only knew the bride for 10 days prior to the wedding

you can't cure naïve stupidity. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

he still loves her and will give her another chance if she comes back

She ain't coming back 🤣 unless you have another 36,000

• Like 1

I always take mental notes when getting to know an asian woman--or asians total

Case in point--a lady boy "friend"..hung out alot--never had sex but trusted "her" enough to leave my

motorbike with her.....old honda dream 95 100 cc but decent bike..as i still have it--a workhorse...

Anyhoo I left it with her at her fancy house--gated community--she had a house a car a a scoopy etc

Went home and upon return to LOS and arrived in BKK and said I was on my way back to CM to get the

bike she ghosted me on LINE app!!! I was like wtf!!!??? BUT i remembered where she lived and made that

mental note months ago..so took a red truck to area..got thru the gated security guards and walked to

her place--and there was my mbike and the look on her face when she saw me....yep..priceless!!!  555

I played it cool until the mbike was up and running and smiled as i drove off--never to speak to her again..

Always have a plan b---c and d in LOS.....if i ever wrote a book the title?  Welcome to the Hustle.........

As far as that dude Id track that woman down as hes married right? should have some documents on that and shes a scammer so she will likely be scamming online..does he know where her mother lives? is she related really..find out where mama lives and pay some locals to scope that out..Id find that girl if it took me the rest of my life--need documents to get married? id be hunting her down online--as there is no feeling as when u walk up on a scammer that thinks they won--maybe the battle but I will win the war...oh yes!!!!  

• Like 1

He should count his lucky stars that she ran off... He could have slept with 36 different women for the same amount of money or less... and been better off in the long run rather than married.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The bride’s mother also took away my uncle’s belongings and wealth.

Slow learners. 

5 minutes ago, Transam said:

Eeeer, sort of, bit of a story to it though and was 16 years back, but we are still doing our thing...😘

so long as it works, then its good.  The chaps just didn't work.  His stupidity is accepting her back, if he does, and maybe some of us have even done that too.  Not me of course. 

"naive" is probably an understatement to describe that guy but personally I simply can only feel sad for him. I cannot help to like human beings with a good heart.

"disgusting" is probably an understatement to describe this horrible woman, going through all this just to steal 36 000 bths by deceiving an obvious naive person. I cannot help to hate human beings with a greedy wallet where there should be a heart.

10 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Case in point--a lady boy "friend"..hung out alot--never had sex but trusted "her" enough to leave my

motorbike with her.....old honda dream 95 100 cc but decent bike..as i still have it--a workhorse...

Anyhoo I left it with her at her fancy house--gated community--she had a house a car a a scoopy etc

Went home and upon return to LOS and arrived in BKK and said I was on my way back to CM to get the

bike she ghosted me on LINE app!!! I was like wtf!!!??? BUT i remembered where she lived and made that

mental note months ago..so took a red truck to area..got thru the gated security guards and walked to

her place--and there was my mbike and the look on her face when she saw me....yep..priceless!!!  555

I played it cool until the mbike was up and running and smiled as i drove off--never to speak to her again..

Always have a plan b---c and d in LOS.....if i ever wrote a book the title?  Welcome to the Hustle.........

As far as that dude Id track that woman down as hes married right? should have some documents on that and shes a scammer so she will likely be scamming online..does he know where her mother lives? is she related really..find out where mama lives and pay some locals to scope that out..Id find that girl if it took me the rest of my life--need documents to get married? id be hunting her down online--as there is no feeling as when u walk up on a scammer that thinks they won--maybe the battle but I will win the war...oh yes!!!!  

All for just 36,000 baht ? 

I would concentrate on analysing my stupidity first. 

Please, more stories like this that make me feel so much more better about my daily routine.  Oh snap, pretty much every article on this site makes me feel better.  

Edited by Travisa
Addition

21 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

You said,"I always take mental notes when getting to know an asian woman--or asians total..."

Do you do the same with Europeans then, I mean they might come and invade your country like the Russians did when invading the Ukraine, all Europeans are war mongers as all Asian people are untrustworthy?

(Russia, makes up 40% of the Europe land mass).

Maybe your should choose who you hang out with and not put all Asians in the same 'basket'.

So funny. 😀

11 hours ago, Manu said:

"naive" is probably an understatement to describe that guy but personally I simply can only feel sad for him. I cannot help to like human beings with a good heart.

"disgusting" is probably an understatement to describe this horrible woman, going through all this just to steal 36 000 bths by deceiving an obvious naive person. I cannot help to hate human beings with a greedy wallet where there should be a heart.

He was lucky, I have seen and heard of many farangs getting ripped off for millions in Thailand. 

But in those cases the young girls marring old farangs say they 'love' them in the first week, they say nothing once they have the cash and done a runner. 🤣

Sounds like my daily life in LOS..so hansum until they find out I aint giving them money

then they ghost me....saying you re poor is a scam repellent!

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

All for just 36,000 baht ? 

I would concentrate on analysing my stupidity first. 

i have alot or free time...i like little projects---and the feeling of scamming a scammer is priceless...

Im the guy that likes talking to scammers on the phone--they end hanging up on me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

You said,"I always take mental notes when getting to know an asian woman--or asians total..."

Do you do the same with Europeans then, I mean they might come and invade your country like the Russians did when invading the Ukraine, all Europeans are war mongers as all Asian people are untrustworthy?

(Russia, makes up 40% of the Europe land mass).

Maybe your should choose who you hang out with and not put all Asians in the same 'basket'.

So funny. 😀

I live in CM--aka tourist town so im a daily target.....tourist spots tend to draw them in...

I dont hang out with them is my exps from thais approaching me....but thanks for your concern!!

You must be the guy hanging with all the shining examples of thais-----I guess im just the exemption

I dont talk to Europeans but thanks for the warning...I'll keep my powder dry..

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

He was lucky, I have seen and heard of many farangs getting ripped off for millions in Thailand. 

But in those cases the young girls marring old farangs say they 'love' them in the first week, they say nothing once they have the cash and done a runner. 🤣

Not really naive people most of them, just slightly too much arrogance. And I guess going to the wrong places where you meet always the wrong people although obviously not always….

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Not really naive people most of them, just slightly too much arrogance. And I guess going to the wrong places where you meet always the wrong people although obviously not always….

I don't suppose it matters where the girls were met, if a young girl is telling an old farang she loves him then it is false.

I suppose a good test would be, "I love you too but I am broke and I was wondering if you could help me out for a while".

Let's see how fast they run away. 

4 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I live in CM--aka tourist town so im a daily target.....tourist spots tend to draw them in...

I dont hang out with them is my exps from thais approaching me....but thanks for your concern!!

You must be the guy hanging with all the shining examples of thais-----I guess im just the exemption

I dont talk to Europeans but thanks for the warning...I'll keep my powder dry..

"I dont talk to Europeans...."

I bet the Europeans are happy. 🤣

What about the people from the continent of North America, do you talk to them too including the ones from the USA, Mexico, Belize, Cuba,Costa Rica etc, they are all from the same continent but have completely different cultures just as the Europeans have in their continent. 

Knowing very little about the Thailand’s “libel” law, I refuse to say what all readers are thinking regarding this pitiful case of …….naievity…….you can guess that this tops the one about the  “sick water buffalo needs a tonsillectomy     or the another about    “my cousin’s boyfriend’s uncle’s stepson needs breast implants.