News Forum - Phuket to scoop 20 million baht booty a day after Patong gets green light to party

Thaiger

Cha-ching! The familiar sound of the cash register is about to ring once again after pubs, bars, and entertainment venues at Patong beach got the green light to reopen. Patong Entertainment Association expects to earn between 10 to 20 million baht per night after the beach resort on the west coast of Phuket Island got the go-ahead to reopen its doors on June 1. Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting agreed to officially reopen the entertainment venues in the Green and Blue provinces all over the country on June 1. The nightlife businesses, including pubs, bars, massage parlors, and […]

The story Phuket to scoop 20 million baht booty a day after Patong gets green light to party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Was going to post something about this, but in all honesty, I simply can’t be bothered. These headlines and stories are utterly futile. 

• Like 3

I haven't been to Phuket/Patong since COVID, but from what I hear its been open (and well past midnight) for a while now, regardless of what CCSA wants you to believe, So any cha-ching has nothing to do with the latest announcement. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Nonsense story as anyone who lives on the island knows life has been back to normal for most for the past 2 months this changes nothing except bar owners may be able to stop paying tea money.......

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cabra said:

I haven't been to Phuket/Patong since COVID, but from what I hear its been open (and well past midnight) for a while now, regardless of what CCSA wants you to believe, So any cha-ching has nothing to do with the latest announcement. Maybe I'm wrong.

I was there a couple of months ago. Bangla was busy but not packed. Bars were open until 12 and you could always find a beer well past that.

This CCSA announcement just means they will officially close at 12 but actually open until 2am. Usual nonsense in terms of laws and compliance. I have no real problem with that when it comes to casual matters such as opening hours. It’s just that it gets boring to read one thing, when anyone with one eye knows it’s already happening. A bit like a few years back when the chief of police in Bangkok said there was no prostitution in Bangkok and if he found any then the full weight of the law would be used. I can not even start to comprehend what kind of mind would say such a thing. Sharing a planet with such people literally scares me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I was there a couple of months ago. Bangla was busy but not packed. Bars were open until 12 and you could always find a beer well past that.

This CCSA announcement just means they will officially close at 12 but actually open until 2am. Usual nonsense in terms of laws and compliance. I have no real problem with that when it comes to casual matters such as opening hours. It’s just that it gets boring to read one thing, when anyone with one eye knows it’s already happening. A bit like a few years back when the chief of police in Bangkok said there was no prostitution in Bangkok and if he found any then the full weight of the law would be used. I can not even start to comprehend what kind of mind would say such a thing. Sharing a planet with such people literally scares me. 

Like the boy who cried wolf, when you have laws that no one follows, you only have a problem when it really needs to be enforced or in Thai “strictly enforced”  as though the strictly matters  

My favorite Thai-ism these days is a “covid free setting” as though other settings are covid-full.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Be honest it's been open for a while as you say.. the only difference is they can officially open back up as bars and not restaurants.. you will see the wriggly girls appearing on the poles now as they had to only be waitresses and not bar girls, also night clubs can officially open although a few here have been open but with access through a side fire escape door ! The 12 midnight thing may only be enforced for up to a month then 1am then 2am etc each month.. just wondering do they now have to apply to change them back from restaurants to bars

• Like 2

FULL Nightlife Approval is Unclear. 
No mention of GoGoBars, LapDance Clubs, Nightclubs. 😉

Only when all these places are operating properly again, to 2-4am, with Pole Dancing & Club Front Entry resumed, will “all back to normal”, or conditions for such, be considered completed.  😉👍

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Nonsense story as anyone who lives on the island knows life has been back to normal for most for the past 2 months this changes nothing except bar owners may be able to stop paying tea money.......

Or at least not pay as much.

• Like 1

It's an all too often tale of woe...druken farang falls off 16th storey balcony...crashes through a few trees...survives to visit the 4/7/11...stacks up with a monster amount of hooch...gets completely blasted...does not pass Go (Go)...pays £200 and phuckets as many night nannies as possible before getting tuk-tucked back on his balcony...for the sad process to start all over again !...moral: get a lower balcony... higher amounts of cash...lower amount of nannies until liver gives out, where the local sanitory nurses help him on his way to the great walking street in the sky

• Haha 1

I will be there in 2 weeks with my kids for a holiday. Little Phuket fir a few days and then island hopping and out via Krabi. Would be nice to have a place or two to drink until 1 or 2 a couple of nights without the kids in tow. But no big deal as this is about quality time and giving them a break before university goes back later June. First time they have had some freedom since the Wuhan virus crushed everyone’s lives. 

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Patong Entertainment Association expects to earn between 10 to 20 million baht per night

Wouldn't it be nice, if the PEA-members would pay taxes minimum on this numbers? Instead of almost none?