News Forum - Political fallout from the Bangkok governor election – OPINION

Thaiger

The winner of the Bangkok Governor election wouldn’t normally get so many headlines except that this election did, and there’s a few reasons why, and some take aways for everyone after the results became apparent yesterday. Really, the polls have been so clear on this election, the actual poll ended up a mere formality. Although the Election Commission has not formally announced the winners, Chadchart Sittipunt is Bangkok’s new governor…. A 55 year old former transport minister and Pheu Thai minister – that’s the opposition party – the very same party that were ditched from power in a coup precisely […]

The story Political fallout from the Bangkok governor election – OPINION as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is a devastating indictment not only on the coup leaders and their faux political party but on all those who enabled the junta to masquerade as an elected government. I am looking at you Anutin and many others. This mob have been put on notice that come an election, because there has to be one or the nation will erupt, these corrupt, incompetent, egotists will be sent packing. In the last eight years a few million new voters have arrived and they will rewrite the political landscape with the virtual end of weak parties like the Democrats. The one thing the coup leaders have achieved is to show the electorate that support does not come at the end of a gun barrel nor from intimidation dressed up as legal action. Attitude adjustment has actually taken place amongst younger more thoughtful voters, but not the kind of attitude adjustment the junta attempted. It is time for the cabinet and others in this sham and incompetent parliament to start packing their bags.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

31 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I'm going to wet myself when the current incumbents get re-elected. 😃

Well you would appreciate it. Even though you fail, you try so hard to be a disruptive influence and so you would appreciate it. You contribute nothing helpful to this forum and so you will appreciate a government that also contributes nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I'm going to wet myself when the current incumbents get re-elected. 😃

Your incontinence is noted.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Your incontinence is noted.

Not yet, dont run before you can walk. Patience is a virtue.😃