News Forum - Alleged motorbike cart thieves arrested in Chon Buri

Thaiger

A couple that allegedly stole motorbike carts in South Pattaya and Chon Buri has been arrested. The suspects, 25 year old Mee Yinsai and 43 year old Fon Sakonban, reportedly confessed that they stole the carts for their own personal use. They allegedly stole one bike in South Pattaya, and the other in Chon Buri’s Ban Lamung district. Pattaya police arrested Mee and Fon at the entrance to a market in Bang Lamung, after 2 victims complained about their stolen bike carts on Thursday. At the market, the police confiscated the stolen bike carts. Initially, both suspects were charged with […]

The story Alleged motorbike cart thieves arrested in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What is the difference between stealing at night or during the daytime. Is there different penalties for either? Still amazes me every day

17 minutes ago, Boddown said:

What is the difference between stealing at night or during the daytime. Is there different penalties for either? Still amazes me every day

Yes. Why? I dunno but it is. These clowns will get 2 years each for each bike less 50% for pleading guilty. So they’ll probably serve 2 years for $1000 worth of scooters. Stupid is as stupid does.

2 hours ago, Boddown said:

Yes because they build in a ‘fear’ factor to the sentence. They believe it is a more frightening prospect to have your house broken into, for example, at night, than day time. So all crimes have the night/day weighting applied. 

• Thanks 1