News Forum - Japan government says masks not needed outside if you don’t talk too much

Thaiger

On 5/22/2022 at 6:22 PM, JamesR said:

The only thing stopping me going to Thailand now for nine months is having to wear a mask, it is too hot to wear a mask.

Here in the UK it is a pleasant sunny 21C, everything has been open fully for months, no masks, so why go to Thailand now and live in a lockdown situation while having to were a mask ?

Exactly. I did post a few times that it is/will be exactly the same for a huge amount of people (not all of them but quite a lot I am certain) from Europe, US and other parts of the world. They will simply not come for that reason, there are plenty of other destinations with 0 restrictions for them to go. I am not sure Thailand can afford to miss out on so many potentiel tourists.

• Like 2

Well I can confirm that in the few days after the announcement, there has been NO CHANGE in outdoor mask wearing habits in Osaka. 

Still 95%+ in most parts of the city.

About 70% in south Osaka. 

Just as it has been. As I said before, the government is going to have to find other ways to convince people to de-mask if they are worried about heatstroke.