News Forum - Japan government says masks not needed outside if you don’t talk too much

Thaiger

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Without getting into a pissing contest about antivirals. It seems the Thai govt is putting all their  efforts into Favipiravir ! 
 I can vouch for this drug  ! Because of my age ,I was prescribed this after I contracted “ the beast” a few days ago , so far  so good.

My wife also has reacted favorably to the treatment!

I could be wrong but they are limiting this treatment to only people with underlying health issues and the elderly .

I think this pandemic has a lot of experts scratching their heads!

I feel sorry for the sepsis crowd! They got hit hard!

Just a opinion to your comment. Sorry if its off topic

Right even if imperfect, vaccination and antivirals all have a roll to play.

So why doesn’t the government focus on that rather than the fantasy that’s masks and Thailand Pass are the solution.  All of the tools are there yet they are being glacially slow to move on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Only when Korea says so, Thailand will copy it instantly. 

About 5 minutes after I posted originally it I realized that “mask-askists” is a better term.

I thought Korea has already removed the mandate as well. 

• Like 1

The only thing stopping me going to Thailand now for nine months is having to wear a mask, it is too hot to wear a mask.

Here in the UK it is a pleasant sunny 21C, everything has been open fully for months, no masks, so why go to Thailand now and live in a lockdown situation while having to were a mask ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Women use an average of 20,000 words a day, compared to the mere 7,000 that men utter

So why haven’t the politicians stated that Woman are twice as likely to spread COVID19 than men …. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So why haven’t the politicians stated that Woman are twice as likely to spread COVID19 than men …. 😉

Maybe they are - but who would have the balls to say this (and anyone that did wouldn't have them for much longer). 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

20000 to 7000 : about three times! ;-)

On 5/22/2022 at 11:47 AM, JJJ said:

To Thai mask-ists out there, it’s over. If Japan doesn’t think it’s mandatory then why does Thailand? 

End masks now!

The Japanese government recommendation on masks is as follows; People do not need to wear face masks outside, regardless of whether they are talking to others, if they are at least 2 meters apart.

You have misinterpreted Japanese government guideline. Also, Thailand does not have the same hygiene standard of Japan. Walk into a public restroom in Tokyo subway and it is spotless. No such thing in much of the world. Thailand restrooms rarely provide soap or hand drying option. Japan has potable water and  is a nation of superior hygiene. Thailand is a nation of poor hygiene where raw sewage still runs in the  streets. Japan is a nation of cleanliness where AC systems  are subject to frequent regular maintenance with filters changed and air quality monitored. Japanese people are not close talkers  Japanese people do not shout and scream in conversation as Thais often do.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, Guest1 said:

Mother Nature ?

Women use an average of 20,000 words a day, compared to the mere 7,000 that men utter

😉

Does that mean that women are more eloquent  🤔

Edited by Stevejm

Wait a minute. According to discussions on another thread I thought Thailand was the only country in the world that requires mask usage outside!

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

The Japanese government recommendation on masks is as follows; People do not need to wear face masks outside, regardless of whether they are talking to others, if they are at least 2 meters apart.

You have misinterpreted Japanese government guideline. Also, Thailand does not have the same hygiene standard of Japan. Walk into a public restroom in Tokyo subway and it is spotless. No such thing in much of the world. Thailand restrooms rarely provide soap or hand drying option. Japan has potable water and  is a nation of superior hygiene. Thailand is a nation of poor hygiene where raw sewage still runs in the  streets. Japan is a nation of cleanliness where AC systems  are subject to frequent regular maintenance with filters changed and air quality monitored. Japanese people are not close talkers  Japanese people do not shout and scream in conversation as Thais often do.

Where do you see raw sewage running down the street? Is it coming from your house because it’s full and overflowing ?🤪

17 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Possibly because Covid isn’t carried by words. Women tend to have smaller lungs.😊

41 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Possibly because Covid isn’t carried by words. Women tend to have smaller lungs.😊

That is the reason for females to breath more often. Also they tend to have a quicker airflow.

Perhaps someone need to tell the officials?

😷

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

The Japanese are the people who sell worn schoolgirls knickers in vending machines aren't they?

And your point is? They don’t use them as masks do they? Maybe they got the idea from “Orange is the New Black”?😂

19 hours ago, JamesR said:

so why go to Thailand now and live in a lockdown situation while having to were a mask ?

There hasn’t been a lockdown in Thailand for a long time. Didn’t you hear?

On 5/22/2022 at 6:29 PM, JJJ said:

About 5 minutes after I posted originally it I realized that “mask-askists” is a better term.

I thought Korea has already removed the mandate as well. 

They dropped the outdoor mask requirements. 

4DA0CA5C-C028-4BED-8281-301F8A641E94.jpeg

On 5/22/2022 at 10:52 AM, rc1 said:

And nothing less than Japan - the bastion of long term mask wearing when sick

You do realize that Japanese people and many other Asians wear masks when they are sick out of consideration for other people don’t you? It seems to be a concept that is alien in the west where its all about the self!

Edited by Stevejm

50 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

And your point is? They don’t use them as masks do they? Maybe they got the idea from “Orange is the New Black”?😂

Follow the thread. You'll soon get the hang of it. 😃

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

There hasn’t been a lockdown in Thailand for a long time. Didn’t you hear?

Wearing masks in public to me is a lock down of rules. 

56 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Follow the thread. You'll soon get the hang of it. 😃

Not really. Go on spell it out for me.

3 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Where do you see raw sewage running down the street? Is it coming from your house because it’s full and overflowing ?🤪

Most  cities/towns in Thailand do not have advanced sewage treatment facilities. What do you think the   black run off is in Pattaya and Patong? Have you ever been in Bangkok in rainy season? Raw sewage flows in many areas. Bangkok still does not have a comprehensive waste treatment system in operation. Chao Praya River is the main sewage disposal route. https://earth5r.org/11374-2/  Have a good look at one of Bangkok's Klongs. Those are not fresh water streams.  Thailand is a country where people throw trash out the window without a care.  Why do you think Thailand refuses to release water quality results for its major tourist beaches?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stevejm said:

You do realize that Japanese people and many other Asians wear masks when they are sick out of consideration for other people don’t you? It seems to be a concept that is alien in the west where its all about the self!

If this was the case in Thailand it'd be fine. You'd see a small number of people wearing them in certain circumstances.  

But instead, it's mass mask wearing everywhere, including when people are alone in cars, outside by themselves, TV presenters, where do I stop. 

It's completely disproportionate to the risk, and has significant negative impacts to the overall society, economy and psychology of the nation.