News Forum - 5 countries’ representatives walk out when Russian official speaks in Bangkok

Thaiger

On 5/23/2022 at 12:22 AM, Vigo said:

It is a legitimate government because the elections were were free and considered fair by disinterested international observers. I remind you that the UN was present and observing the election. There were 43 voting rounds and a total of 38 presidential candidates. The election result was notable for its peaceful transition with the previous president both accepting the result and offering his tacit support. The population has accepted the election result. You have no basis with which to question the election.  

Somalia is fighting a foreign backed terrorist insurrection led by Al Quaidah affiliated  El Shebab. The Somali government is acting to protect its population from jihadists who wish to bring a Taliban like state to Somalia. Why are you protesting  the Somali governments legitimacy and legal right to defend itself, and why do you support the El Shebab jihadi attacks?  The USA is in Somalia at the invitation of Somalia to help it protect itself from a foreign invader. 

Russia has no legitimate place at APEC since it no longer supports the principles of APEC which include support of the WTO. Why don't you address that fact first instead of going off on a tangent about Somalia.

Somalians are blood soaked Muslim gangster savages (called “skinnies” being half- starved). “ Black Hawk Down” film portrayed this. They don’t like civilized westerners advising them.

Half the population & govt. no doubt support the jihadis and delight in people getting beheaded or hung or stoned to death in the public squares every Friday. Western interest not wanted for damn sure😡only money.

Delightful Dirthole I’m sure. Of zero interest to other than Dudley DooRight Peace Corps types. See how many days you survive there🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This virtue signalling is what the West is reduced to, because these days it's powerless.

Sanctions have backfired. Military aid has only prolonged the agony. Walking out of a speech won't work either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Somalians are blood soaked Muslim gangster savages (called “skinnies” being half- starved). “ Black Hawk Down” film portrayed this. They don’t like civilized westerners advising them.

Half the population & govt. no doubt support the jihadis and delight in people getting beheaded or hung or stoned to death in the public squares every Friday. Western interest not wanted for damn sure😡only money.

Delightful Dirthole I’m sure. Of zero interest to other than Dudley DooRight Peace Corps types. See how many days you survive there🤣🤣

Your source of reference is a fantasy movie from 2001? And you expect to be considered as having something of value to contribute?  Seriously? You have no clue as to why the Somalis  behaved as they did and what occurred in that country prior to 2000. In any case, there has been a significant regime change and the country was emerging from the dark ages, in large part due to the patience, encouragement and support of western democracies.  The Russians did absolutely nothing to support the peaceful changes. More specifically, Russia no longer supports the principles of  APEC and that is why there was a walkout.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, dbrenn said:

This virtue signalling is what the West is reduced to, because these days it's powerless.

Sanctions have backfired. Military aid has only prolonged the agony. Walking out of a speech won't work either.

Alternate Reality Alert 😩🤣😉🥺!! 

• Like 1

Sorry Vigo, Somalia is still a hell-hole feifdom of warlords and child solders from age 8 upwards. Piracy is still ongoing but not as much as in the past.

Stay on topic about walking out of meetings. Shows those countries had nothing to contribute. It all depends which side of the three sides of the four-sided coin you want to see.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Your source of reference is a fantasy movie from 2001? And you expect to be considered as having something of value to contribute?  Seriously? You have no clue as to why the Somalis  behaved as they did and what occurred in that country prior to 2000. In any case, there has been a significant regime change and the country was emerging from the dark ages, in large part due to the patience, encouragement and support of western democracies.  The Russians did absolutely nothing to support the peaceful changes. More specifically, Russia no longer supports the principles of  APEC and that is why there was a walkout.

Pleased to hear that about Somalia. 
Unlikely they’ve reversed two thousand years of savage tribalism in 25 years though. Well Japan did it. 😉Well Done then Somalia👍

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Alternate Reality Alert 😩🤣😉🥺!! 

So tell me then: is your reality the one where Ukraine wins? How are they going to do that then? Donbas is now part of Russia, as is most of the coastline. What's left of Ukraine will be a landlocked country,  minus it's sea ports along with most of it's industry and power generating capacity.

Even the NATO chief Stoltenberg is now saying that territorial concessions will be part of any realistic peace deal, and has stopped talking about a Ukrainian victory.

You're a funny man. I like your optimism though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

So tell me then: is your reality the one where Ukraine wins? How are they going to do that then? Donbas is now part of Russia, as is most of the coastline. What's left of Ukraine will be a landlocked country,  minus it's sea ports along with most of it's industry and power generating capacity.

Even the NATO chief Stoltenberg is now saying that territorial concessions will be part of any realistic peace deal, and has stopped talking about a Ukrainian victory.

You're a funny man. I like your optimism though. 

Pro- Putin Delusions & Lies. No Facts. No Proper Analysis / Conclusions. Reality Ignored. No Value. No Debate Possible. Dismissed☹️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Pro- Putin Delusions & Lies. No Facts. No Proper Analysis / Conclusions. Reality Ignored. No Value. No Debate Possible. Dismissed☹️ 

What's your analysis then? Hollywood?

I recon 98% of the posters here here have never been in a guerilla type war, not the pussy Iraq / Afghanistan wanker wars, but a real war in your home and on your doorstep type war. My apologies all SEAL TEAMS.

I had to instruct 16 US combat guys??? in 1998, they ran away after 6 days. This was Cape Towns guerilla war in between the shacks.

It was too much for them. Gee we never ever got to go to Somalia with those wimps.

If you want to see real terror wars in Africa, watch, Africa Adio.  That was not a joke movie.

I have a T Shirt that reads on the front. Come to Rhodesia and see the Zimbabwe ruins.

Damn on the back it reads, Come to Zimbabwe and see the Rhodesian ruins.

That was in 1982.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Pleased to hear that about Somalia. 
Unlikely they’ve reversed two thousand years of savage tribalism in 25 years though. Well Japan did it. 😉Well Done then Somalia👍

If your intent is to reinforced cringeworthy stereotypes of elderly white males, you have done an excellent job. Oswald Mosely would be proud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

If your intent is to reinforced cringeworthy stereotypes of elderly white males, you have done an excellent job. Oswald Mosely would be proud.

My Intent is Truth. So Somalia is NOT a blood - soaked savage backward dirthole ruled by murdering warlords with underage  “ soldiers”. So, It’s NOT a Failed State.

The “new govt” 25 years ago has performed a Japan - like Miracle and Transformed this Living Hell into a veritable Paradise ! 🤣🤣

And Facts Don’t Matter. But the profile of Truth Sayers DOES. All Cultures are Equal, etc. right got it. 🤣😩Anyone who disagrees is a Nazi then ? 

Why not go live there then? Weather is Nice. Wouldn’t last a Week 🤣

11 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

I recon 98% of the posters here here have never been in a guerilla type war, not the pussy Iraq / Afghanistan wanker wars, but a real war in your home and on your doorstep type war. My apologies all SEAL TEAMS.

I had to instruct 16 US combat guys??? in 1998, they ran away after 6 days. This was Cape Towns guerilla war in between the shacks.

It was too much for them. Gee we never ever got to go to Somalia with those wimps.

If you want to see real terror wars in Africa, watch, Africa Adio.  That was not a joke movie.

I did hurt someone’s feelings once. 
Worked  non- combat in several dangerous dirt holes in Africa / Asia.

US National Guard regular guys were they in Cape Town ? Same guys who ran away from KBR Iraq convoys under attack in Iraq with their silly 6 wks “ training”. 

Africa / Iraq/ Afghan all extreme wars.

Africa not at same numbers / intensity as Iraq / Afghan & little urban combat.

Rhodesian & SA SF top notch though.

Try telling SAS / DELTA assaulters they were in “pussy wars” . 15,000 very bad guys killed in 3 years in Iraq. SAS / SBS wiped out worst group of African Killers in 30 minutes. 

• Like 1