News Forum - 5 countries’ representatives walk out when Russian official speaks in Bangkok

Thaiger

9 hours ago, Alavan said:

APEC: Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation.
I guess UK not part of that

Hadn’t considered that ! Logical though. 👍Just thought UK involved in everything 🤣 UK must have some tiny island Pacific colonies ? No,they don’t ! 
wait a minute. Queen Liz is head of state NZ/ AUS/ CAN 😏👍😉

14 hours ago, anarchofarmer said:

Not only Thailand - every government adopts the "me first" philosophy (so ingrained in all politicians), when they feel it's in their best interests!

Perceived National Interest prevails over Morality & Rules every time, everywhere…..😉😏

14 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

I personally think that it is in extremely bad taste and manners to walk out on anybody, regardless of who they are or the countries they represent. Their time is also important. Remember, Manners Maketh Man.

These persons who walked out should remember too, that they are nominated Public Servants, the emphasis being on the word servant.

But probably poorer taste to give time to a representative of a nation currently murdering, raping, and decimating their way through a friendly neighbour right ? Does that constitute good manners ? 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

13 hours ago, Guphz said:

Proxy war? I'm sorry to have to tell you this and burst your bubble, but it was Russia that started the war by invading Ukraine. There is no proxy war, but rather overwhelming support for Ukraine from the international community.

And importantly, massive physical & political support from key NATO nations.😉👍😎

12 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Which regime are we talking about? 

might it be the invading nationalistic fascist aggressor perhaps? Just wild speculation on my part though 🤣😩

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oldschooler said:

UK Not Even Present then.

Nor should those allied walkout countries have been there. 

APEC is Asia Pacific Economic Forum which means Asian & Pacific rim countries only !!!!

Edited by Paulw
  • Like 1

EDIT: oops.. this post confused Pacific rim with Asian countries. Nothing to see here, move along….

Edited by Fanta
Me make boo boo

Strange how my comment never brought up the "war". I only said it is rude to walkout of the room while somebody is giving a speech. Why cant people just not show common courtesy to listen to somebody else, even if they say something you don't like? Maybe that's why there are wars because of Thai style "misunderstandings".

This walk out protest is like little kids in a playschool trying to assert their I am better than you mentality. Not taking any sides in this invasion, war, plundering, claiming territory or crimes. Only asking about manners.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

Strange how my comment never brought up the "war". I only said it is rude to walkout of the room while somebody is giving a speech. Why cant people just not show common courtesy to listen to somebody else, even if they say something you don't like? Maybe that's why there are wars because of Thai style "misunderstandings".

This walk out protest is like little kids in a playschool trying to assert their I am better than you mentality. Not taking any sides in this invasion, war, plundering, claiming territory or crimes. Only asking about manners.

It has nothing to do with manners,it has to do with making a point.

The people who walked out showed they will not deal with people whose

government started a war just for some ones ego.

Bad manners would have been if they used foul language or aggression.

Well done i say.

15 hours ago, Poolie said:

Rouble has strengthened to under 60 against the dollar today. That's what I mean by 'working.' Russia is laughing all the way to the bank.

Right now and the foreseeable future no better than Monopoly money. 

16 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

You seriously cannot see the bigger picture ?  
It is because he is a representative of execution, rape and the invasion of a friendly democracy. Again is that good manners ? Unless of course he opened his speech with a condemnation ? Did he ? 

I’m fascinated why you’re ‘ not taking sides’ in one corner you have a friendly democratic country going about their business and in the other you have a war mongering maniac whose troops are carrying out atrocities bordering on genocide - what’s giving you problems choosing ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, birdman said:

The people who walked out showed they will not deal with people whose

government started a war just for some ones ego

It is indeed sending a message to the people of the world but to claim the world will not deal with Russia, directly or indirectly, is naive. The world needs Russian oil, gas, wheat etc so the world must deal with Russia and also put money into Russia’s pocket. We may not like it but it is what it is. That is why I called it virtue signaling because at the end of the day the deals will still have to be made, albeit preferably behind closed doors away from the media spotlight. This walkout achieves nothing apart from good press from the West.

• Like 2

Prayut remarked Stronger countries should focus more on Humanitarian efforts. Maybe he should have asked the Russian delegate at the conference why his country will cause food shortages because they are blockading ports and not allowing wheat and Seeds to be Exported.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Right now and the foreseeable future no better than Monopoly money. 

No doubt we'll see.

Dropped to 57.90/USD this morning.

• Like 1

Benroon, whats giving me problems choosing, is that I have Russian friends, Ukrainian friends and active Thai military friends fighting over in the Ukraine, some as medics, some as fighters on the front lines and others in the capacity of delivering aid. War is not about having a quick bottle of vodka and being buddies after the bottle is empty.

There is so much more going on behind the scenes that the average person does not know nor is it common knowledge. This will not be reported in the main propaganda news either. But alas I cannot argue with people who obviously know far more intel and information than me.

I still say the walkouts are no sharper than a blunt pencil, controlled by the Deep State from the Americans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

staying in the same room with enemy  representatives of fascist murderers when they speak is legitimizing their crimes. Well- mannered walkout well justified. 😡😉👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

Benroon, whats giving me problems choosing, is that I have Russian friends, Ukrainian friends and active Thai military friends fighting over in the Ukraine, some as medics, some as fighters on the front lines and others in the capacity of delivering aid. War is not about having a quick bottle of vodka and being buddies after the bottle is empty.

There is so much more going on behind the scenes that the average person does not know nor is it common knowledge. This will not be reported in the main propaganda news either. But alas I cannot argue with people who obviously know far more intel and information than me.

I still say the walkouts are no sharper than a blunt pencil, controlled by the Deep State from the Americans.

So despite having sufficient information not to be neutral you are neutral as you “don’t know everything going on”. Lay off the magic mushrooms ? 

Everyone has a choice and is free to make their own decision. I’m glad America and the other countries that are financially helping the Ukrainian people had a backbone and walked out. We Americans don’t permission to get up and walk out of any meeting…..it’s only rude to those that oppose freedom of choice!!!

Thank You

Marvin Yeager

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Lol, it's funny that if I didn't say this, anyone would call Somalia some shitty place with leaders you can't trust, and shit like that. Now they asked the US to help them and it's suddenly a legitimate government. I guess you missed the bs going on there in the past year. Doesn't sound very stable to me.🤔

Btw, those leaders requesting USA to come in and do drone strikes etc don't live in the area where they do the actual drone strikes. I bet if you ask random Somali people, they would have a bit of a different opinion on this, because they are now at risk of being bombed to pieces. 

It is a legitimate government because the elections were were free and considered fair by disinterested international observers. I remind you that the UN was present and observing the election. There were 43 voting rounds and a total of 38 presidential candidates. The election result was notable for its peaceful transition with the previous president both accepting the result and offering his tacit support. The population has accepted the election result. You have no basis with which to question the election.  

Somalia is fighting a foreign backed terrorist insurrection led by Al Quaidah affiliated  El Shebab. The Somali government is acting to protect its population from jihadists who wish to bring a Taliban like state to Somalia. Why are you protesting  the Somali governments legitimacy and legal right to defend itself, and why do you support the El Shebab jihadi attacks?  The USA is in Somalia at the invitation of Somalia to help it protect itself from a foreign invader. 

Russia has no legitimate place at APEC since it no longer supports the principles of APEC which include support of the WTO. Why don't you address that fact first instead of going off on a tangent about Somalia.

Edited by Vigo

12 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

Oh yes, the "deep state conspiracy". Always a secret plan put together by  sinsiter members of the imaginary deep state.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:55 AM, oldschooler said:

Hadn’t considered that ! Logical though. 👍Just thought UK involved in everything 🤣 UK must have some tiny island Pacific colonies ? No,they don’t ! 
wait a minute. Queen Liz is head of state NZ/ AUS/ CAN 😏👍😉

Yes, she is head of State, but they have a gouvernment of their own which is there, not the UK gouvernment.

5 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Yes, she is head of State, but they have a gouvernment of their own which is there, not the UK gouvernment.

UK should still be an APEC member though, to keep an eye on things., and ideally ASEAN, as former colonial ruler in these regions. 😏

UK highly experienced in these matters and could still send a gunboat to make matters clear if disrespected or disobeyed. 😉😎

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Western states had no reason to blame Russia's economic development minister in Bangkok. They better look for those responsible for economic problems in the mirror:

"This is an unprecedented work of the printing press. The total money supply increased by 38.6%. Apparently, the financial authorities proceeded from the fact that the dollar is the world currency and, as usual, it will dissipate throughout the world economy and will be imperceptible. It turned out that this was not the case. The finance minister recently said they made a mistake. So this mistake of the US financial authorities has nothing to do with Russia's actions in Ukraine." - Vladimir Putin

Edited by friendofthai

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 10:33 AM, Poolie said:

Yeah ok, just dont expect to get invited again.

I can’t speak for my government but I’m pretty sure  🇺🇸 will not want to sit at that table until there is a clear understanding of resolve to this issue.