News Forum - 5 countries’ representatives walk out when Russian official speaks in Bangkok

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, astro said:

Depends what you mean by "working".

They certainly have a very strong effect, but haven't convinced Putin to pull back (yet).

Rouble has strengthened to under 60 against the dollar today. That's what I mean by 'working.' Russia is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Thailand once again showing its only an ally to the west when it suits Thailand.

Not only Thailand - every government adopts the "me first" philosophy (so ingrained in all politicians), when they feel it's in their best interests!

28 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Rouble has strengthened to under 60 against the dollar today. That's what I mean by 'working.' Russia is laughing all the way to the bank.

Is it back to being fully tradeable or is it still restricted by the dvoryanstvo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

Not only Thailand - every government adopts the "me first" philosophy (so ingrained in all politicians), when they feel it's in their best interests!

No when it comes to the grander scheme of things many western countries forgo their personal interests and do whats right.

Hence Germany changing its own laws so as to provide assistance to the Ukraine. Sweden and Finland now actively seeking entry to NATO. Switzerland (of all places) now giving up its age old neutrality in order to help with sanctions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

The other 15 countries don’t have a proxy war to support so they probably hung around for the drinks the Russian was buying.

Proxy war? I'm sorry to have to tell you this and burst your bubble, but it was Russia that started the war by invading Ukraine. There is no proxy war, but rather overwhelming support for Ukraine from the international community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IneptoCracy said:

I personally think that it is in extremely bad taste and manners to walk out on anybody, regardless of who they are or the countries they represent. Their time is also important. Remember, Manners Maketh Man.

These persons who walked out should remember too, that they are nominated Public Servants, the emphasis being on the word servant.

It's easy to talk about manners when a Nazi regime is mass-raping and mass-murdering civilians.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

It’s just virtue signaling. Lay some sanctions on Saudi Arabia about Yemen if they are so concerned about humanity. That civil war makes this European war du jour look like a punch up at a BBQ.

Especially knowing that bombs are being dropped there right at the very moment.

Lol, Biden approved a plan to send troops to Somalia a few days ago. They're gonna drop some bombs there too with the usual amount of innocent people who will die and lose their home from it. But again, they're brown people, they probably don't matter enough to make the news. 

In other news, our news was literally cheering on the Azov battalion, who have proven to be actual nazis. 

Something is completely wrong here. Not only with Russia for invading a country, but from the west as well controlling the news up to a point that you are almost not allowed to ask questions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guphz said:

a Nazi regime is mass-raping and mass-murdering civilians.

Which regime are we talking about? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

I personally think that it is in extremely bad taste and manners to walk out on anybody, regardless of who they are or the countries they represent. Their time is also important. Remember, Manners Maketh Man.

These persons who walked out should remember too, that they are nominated Public Servants, the emphasis being on the word servant.

Blaming the nominated Public Servants for what? - they are probably doing so because instructed by their Governments.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

UK Not Even Present then.

Nor should those allied walkout countries have been there. 

APEC: Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation.
I guess UK not part of that

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

In other news, our news was literally cheering on the Azov battalion, who have proven to be actual nazis. 

Most members of the Azov Battallion are not Nazis. The number of Nazis was down to less than a thousand at the start of the year, significantly down from the past few years.

Something is completely wrong here. Not only with Russia for invading a country, but from the west as well controlling the news up to a point that you are almost not allowed to ask questions. 

Who is controlling the news? How?

Why are you not allowed to ask questions? What questions? I don't see you asking any questions here, just making false claims.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

The other 15 countries don’t have a proxy war to support so they probably hung around for the drinks the Russian was buying.

Australi, Canada, New Zealand do not have a proxy war. They did everything they could to avoid conflict. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

It’s just virtue signaling. Lay some sanctions on Saudi Arabia about Yemen if they are so concerned about humanity. That civil war makes this European war du jour look like a punch up at a BBQ.

I wouldn’t say that. No one expects Yemen or Saudi Arabia to expand the war into neighboring countries. Russia is fully expected to attack Moldova, the Baltic States and either Romanian or Poland followed by the other pretty much in that order once done with Ukraine. It’s about stopping the next invasion, and why the Russian army will die in Ukraine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IneptoCracy said:

Too bad you did not take the time to  learn what APEC is and why the walkout was reasonable. Russia has rejected the underlying principles of APEC.  

APEC's primary purpose is to promote sustainable economic growth, trade and investment, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region. APEC aims to strengthen regional economic integration by removing impediments to trade and investment “at the border”, enhancing supply chain connectivity "across the border" and improving the business environment "behind the border."  It works with the World Trade Organization to implement these goals in the Asia Pacific region.The goal is to improve the operating environment for business by cutting red tape and other barriers. APEC also helps member economies build the institutional capacity to implement and take advantage of the benefits of trade and investment reform. APEC supports the multilateral trade negotiations underway in the World Trade Organization and complements the goals of the G20.

Russia has started the process to WITHDRAW from the WTO.It also intends to withdraw from other trade and public health agencies such as WHO.   https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-takes-first-steps-to-withdraw-from-wto-who/     Why then should the founding members of APEC (and who pay for much of its operating costs) sit there and have to listen to an entity that rejects the principles of APEC.  

Russia is one of the worst environmental polluters and its Siberian mineral and oil development has destroyed millions of hectares of land in Siberia. Russia has refused to discuss any form of mitigating its leaking oil pipelines. Why then do you admonsih these countries for not wasting time when it is Russia that would not discuss the oil pollution?    There is no point in discussing trade interconnectivity since Russia is subject to western trade sanctions since it commenced its illegal invasion of the Ukraine and the undertook its  scorched earth  strategy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

Meaningless since the Ruble is under capital controls. The Russian people think they are rich yet can’t spend the money. Funny how that works. There is no way to know what the Ruble is worth until it’s allowed to float freely. 

No one ever talks about the flip side of that coin. A strong Ruble means everything Russia spends money on in Rubles costs more. Things like salaries, internal goods and energy. There is still a whole host of things Russia buys internally which now costs a lot more. It’s part of the reason their inflation rate is 20% and rising. Russia’s central bank president said last month the system isn’t sustainable and the true pain will arrive in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Of course Putin said that wasn’t true, that everything is just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Especially knowing that bombs are being dropped there right at the very moment.

Lol, Biden approved a plan to send troops to Somalia a few days ago. They're gonna drop some bombs there too with the usual amount of innocent people who will die and lose their home from it. But again, they're brown people, they probably don't matter enough to make the news. 

What are you off on a tangent about? The small contingent  of 450 US personnel is at the invitation of the Somalia government. Do you see the difference there between the Ukraine and the criminal Russia invasion? The USA has permission to be in Somalia, the USA is supporting the legitimate Somali government defend against the al shabab jihadists. Russia  does not have  permission from the Ukraine to be on Ukraine soil and is attacking, not defending the Ukraine.

No one is stopping you from asking questions.  It may be that you are misinterpreting the rejection of your nonsensical allegations as being stopped from asking questions. Perhaps people  are weary of the political hectoring from a Russian apologist?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

Russia is using every trick in the book to artificially prop up the Ruble. This will work in the short term, but will get even worse in the long run.

A bit like the FED in the US pumping insane amounts of liqidity into markets, creating a liquidity bubble that now seems set to pop, at least to some extent. But the end result will be even more brutal in Russia.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Australi, Canada, New Zealand do not have a proxy war. They did everything they could to avoid conflict. 

There is no proxy war. Ukraine explicitly asked the international community for help in defending against the Russian invaders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Guphz said:

Most members of the Azov Battallion are not Nazis. The number of Nazis was down to less than a thousand at the start of the year, significantly down from the past few years.

Who is controlling the news? How?

Why are you not allowed to ask questions? What questions? I don't see you asking any questions here, just making false claims.

I'll react like you do, just to see how silly it looks. 

Members? What? Nazis? How? Numbers? Less than a thousand? How? Why? What? Who? When? Where? 

You make it look as if it's ok to have them, but if the group you oppose has only 1 nazi, the whole group is labled like that and the whole group can't do anything right anymore. 

The number of nazis was down to less than a thousand.... It still sounds to me as if you'd rather support that group with a significant amount of nazis. Or at least you're downplaying their involvement. I'd recommend you look into WWII. You might get an idea of what nazis are. 

Btw, how are the Russians currently the nazis? 😂 You lost me there for a moment. Weren't they the ones who actually hated nazis? Or is this just name-calling without thinking? Are you also gonna call them racist, sexist etc? 

It's easy to spot that there's just one narrative in the news in the west. Just because you might think Russia blasts propaganda through the TV, doesn't mean the west doesn't do it. Every side has it's own propaganda for their own benefits. You can notice it very easily when you can't skip a channel and the same topic is everywhere. 

On the last part, just try to ask a question that doesn't fit the current narrative. I've asked plenty of questions and am immediately attacked, because it's instantly wrong apparently. You can check out some of my earlier posts and see the immediate vicious attacks without normal discussion.

But who decides what's wrong here? You? Because it fits what you believe? There's a whole bunch of people who don't believe what you believe. Are they wrong, just because you think so?

Try not to pick a side and then look at the whole picture and look at it for what it is. Not only a detail of the picture because then you are picking sides. 

People like to believe that 1 side is right and the other one is wrong and try to go far lengths to try to prove it. But hey, fighting is wrong, so also Russia, and it'd be laughable to even think that the west is correct here and is never involved in any cowardly wars abroad, bombing brown people. They are literally providing the materials for Yemen to be bombed at the moment. And Somalia is next again. Oh, but that's ok, because they are on the other side... 

35 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

I wouldn’t say that. No one expects Yemen or Saudi Arabia to expand the war into neighboring countries. Russia is fully expected to attack Moldova, the Baltic States and either Romanian or Poland followed by the other pretty much in that order once done with Ukraine. It’s about stopping the next invasion, and why the Russian army will die in Ukraine. 

But somehow everyone expects the providers of those weapons to expand wars to other countries. And we all know who that is😜

The only people who say Russia is gonna invade all those places you mentioned, is the west. All Russia is saying is: Don't provoke us, we are not kidding here. 

Followed by a provocation. And we all can figure out the outcome. 

Have you ever seen a kid, who's poking a cat all the time. While you are saying: Look out, he will scratch. Then he keeps going, and eventually get scratched? Would you blame the cat, if the cat already put up many warning signs? Hissing, growling, lifting its paw. 

This situation is kind of the same, only the kid is now shocking the shit out of that cat after teasing it, and it jumps with its nails right into someone else's face. This time Ukraine. 

50 minutes ago, Vigo said:

The USA has permission to be in Somalia, the USA is supporting the legitimate Somali government defend against the al shabab jihadists.

Lol, it's funny that if I didn't say this, anyone would call Somalia some shitty place with leaders you can't trust, and shit like that. Now they asked the US to help them and it's suddenly a legitimate government. I guess you missed the bs going on there in the past year. Doesn't sound very stable to me.🤔

Btw, those leaders requesting USA to come in and do drone strikes etc don't live in the area where they do the actual drone strikes. I bet if you ask random Somali people, they would have a bit of a different opinion on this, because they are now at risk of being bombed to pieces. 

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

This logic/excuse again that Russia must be stopped now before they sweep the continent. Russia doesn’t have the numbers to take Europe let alone occupy it. Hopefully the Russian army will stop or be stopped after Donbas is “liberated” or before. Until the next time. Off topic anyway. How big do you think the Russian’s drink bill was and what credit card did he try to pay with?