News Forum - Man in northeast Thailand stabs wife on train

Thaiger

A man in northeast Thailand has stabbed his wife on a train yesterday, after suspecting she was romantically involved with another man. Police said the woman, 31 year old Ratchanok Yimsa-ngob, had decided to go and live with her grandmother in a different district of Nakhon Ratchasima, and the couple was on headed there on the train. Along the trip, Ratchanok and her husband, Arun Parito, had a fight. The spat got heated, and witnesses told police Arun pulled a knife out of Ratchanok’s bag and stabbed her twice in the back, and once in the neck. Ratchanok then fell […]

The story Man in northeast Thailand stabs wife on train as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes, there is something in the Thai psyche that causes all these problems, the one Thai girl I dated. One day her apparent ex (but I doubt the word apparent) turned up at my apartment and started throwing empty water gallon jugs and coconuts shells at my door (note he knew exactly where I lived as well). Then my landlord turned up. I didnt know who he was or what it was about, but as he was throwing water jugs, I initially though I hadnt been recycling properly (before i realised thais recylcle stuff from other peoples rubbish). Anyway after jabbering in Thai he then starts fighting with my landlord thats when I started to think this wasnt about recycling.

After he'd gone, I contacted my gf who turned up with some amber h@ard style injuries, saying she'd been forced to jump out his car .. After that I expected to get shot walking home for a month. I guess I was lucky in the scheme of things compared to a lot of thai men. I guess killing a farang carries to much heat, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

And killing a Thai doesn't?...................

Not as much as the death of a foreigner, especially a homicide.
Embassies call government officials, not just the cops, demanding answers when a foreigner dies in Thailand. And a homicide of a foreigner in Thailand is top news back home. You’ve seen how many “suicides” occur in Thailand. Gotta promote that safe and happy tourist destination to the world!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

Not as much as the death of a foreigner, especially a homicide.
Embassies call government officials, not just the cops, demanding answers when a foreigner dies in Thailand. And a homicide of a foreigner in Thailand is top news back home. You’ve seen how many “suicides” occur in Thailand. Gotta promote that safe and happy tourist destination to the world!

I'm surprised the ambassador finds a flat surface for his cocktail before he picks up the phone.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

Was this a Thai man or a foreigner? 😉

its obviously not a foreigner because we don't carry knives around to stab our wives, well not in my country .. like I said earlier this sort of thing is common here where there are knives and guns (illegal ones or otherwise). its illegal to care a fixed blade over three inches in the UK, People have been arrested carrying multitools. Where that leaves the countries 2 millions plus leisure fisherman who knows.

If you new to the site you'll see this more or less happens every week, its part of the culture, along with massive drug busts all the time.

I've yet to really see anyone address the domestic drug problem but it does keep the population quiet at the weekends

1 hour ago, alex12345 said:

its obviously not a foreigner because we don't carry knives around to stab our wives, well not in my country .. like I said earlier this sort of thing is common here where there are knives and guns (illegal ones or otherwise). its illegal to care a fixed blade over three inches in the UK, People have been arrested carrying multitools. Where that leaves the countries 2 millions plus leisure fisherman who knows.

If you new to the site you'll see this more or less happens every week, its part of the culture, along with massive drug busts all the time.

I've yet to really see anyone address the domestic drug problem but it does keep the population quiet at the weekends

Thanks Alex, but I was being facetious in relation to the headlines. It’s seems Thai media can’t wait to include the nationality or Thai/Foreigner in to their headlines. In the vast majority of cases, the nationality is irrelevant.

As for the knifes culture, I agree. A number of times I’ve been sat in a bar and some old boy has walked by selling axes, machetes and long fixed blade knifes right on the street. 

2 hours ago, alex12345 said:

its obviously not a foreigner because we don't carry knives around to stab our wives, well not in my country

You're obviously not from the UK, Germany, Sweden or France then Alex mate .