News Forum - Deputy PM demands officals to avoid being rude and offensive to residents

Thaiger

The Deputy PM, Wissanu Krea-Ngam, today demanded government officials to stop being rude and offensive to residents and avoid violating their privacy. Wissanu was speaking at the country’s first ever national forum, Better Thailand Open Dialogue, to openly share constructive ideas leading to a better Thailand. The deputy PM acknowledged the government system has changed in the modern era and civil servants and officials need to change with it and respect their residents’ needs. He led a panel on the New Era of Quality of Life – Taking Care if All Ages and Increasing Welfare Benefits, and addressed public health […]

The story Deputy PM demands officals to avoid being rude and offensive to residents as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Just before all the haters jump in - he's right but it has to work both ways. The most obnoxious dickhead I've ever seen here was at immigration where a clearly drunk farang was laying into a 45kg odd immigration girl politely trying to help him out until I put a stop to it.

She also mistakenly put 500 baht change in his passport which was meant for me which she explained to the Mrs would be taken out of her salary. So I drove her manager to his house to get it back. She said she could make her own way there but I insisted. Felt really really good.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

Just before all the haters jump in - he's right but it has to work both ways.  

No it doesn't... if your obnoxious farang is out of line... have him/her arrested and dealt with...

It doesn't change the fact that government service personnel must change the way that they approach their service to the residents and people seeking their help in matters that they are tasked to accomplish...

Respect garners respect... so far in my dealings here in Chiang Mai I have found more respect than disrespect... but have found that the disrespect that I have encountered has come from lazy government workers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skip said:

No it doesn't... if your obnoxious farang is out of line... have him/her arrested and dealt with...

It doesn't change the fact that government service personnel must change the way that they approach their service to the residents and people seeking their help in matters that they are tasked to accomplish...

Respect garners respect... so far in my dealings here in Chiang Mai I have found more respect than disrespect... but have found that the disrespect that I have encountered has come from lazy government workers.

Strongly Agree. My worst “ govt.” experience here was getting my yellow Housebook at local corrupt obnoxious Municipal. 12 week humiliation nightmare of self and my supporting Thai lady …..Private Thai sector given me nothing but excellent service….found DLT bloody pedantic though but no issues with Immigration or Ministries as “Tourist “ …. Retirement Agent used though …farangs often treated very badly over direct Retirement applications…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Strongly Agree. My worst “ govt.” experience here was getting my yellow Housebook at local corrupt obnoxious Municipal. 12 week humiliation nightmare of self and my supporting Thai lady …..Private Thai sector given me nothing but excellent service….found DLT bloody pedantic though but no issues with Immigration or Ministries as “Tourist “ …. Retirement Agent used though …farangs often treated very badly over direct Retirement applications…..

Agreed. Do the Thais understand what “Civil Servant” means and are they aware of where the money to pay their salaries comes from? 

• Like 2

They all sick off power it go from high to low they on their knies for a higher guy now they want the same from the people below them 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t smile if you paid me the crap salaries they get paid. You want the underpaid, underworked paper shufflers to smile then you need to MOTIVATE them. A 500 baht note gets me miles of smiles and the job done faster. The government needs to raise their own standards on how they treat their own staff. You pay peanuts, you get….. 

Reminding people to be nice (not rude) is no different when the police warn us that laws will be "strictly enforced" ... Nothing changes, and whatever it is that was happening will continue to happen. That being said, I can only control myself so what other people is not something I tend to dwell on.

16 hours ago, Fanta said:

I wouldn’t smile if you paid me the crap salaries they get paid. You want the underpaid, underworked paper shufflers to smile then you need to MOTIVATE them. A 500 baht note gets me miles of smiles and the job done faster. The government needs to raise their own standards on how they treat their own staff. You pay peanuts, you get….. 

So you are saying that if you are paid enough you will perform... that's a prostitutes attitude if I ever heard it!!!

Just now, Skip said:

So you are saying that if you are paid enough you will perform... that's a prostitutes attitude if I ever heard it!!!

Me?  I pay so I don’t have to perform. I tell everyone that I support single mothers but that’s not the whole truth. 

If a thai make 600 a day how he will give 500 for tip for his service easy for you to give but you have to think about thai standarts if you not happy in your job go do something else if it is your job to help just do your job like i say before most of them are not so nice its a smile on the outside but hate and greed and jaloursy  on the inside and sometime they can not keep it inside