News Forum - Download the ‘Plook Ganja’ app to legally grow cannabis at home in Thailand

Thaiger

Starting from June 9, downloading the “Plook Ganja” mobile application will be the only requirement to legally grow cannabis and hemp plants at home in Thailand. Today, the Ministry of Public Health announced that all parts of marijuana and hemp plants will be delisted as a narcotic from June 9, except for extracts containing more than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, which are still considered illegal category 5 narcotics. The Thai government expects cannabis growers to use parts of the plant in cooking, e.g. boiling the leaves to use in Tom Yam soup, or for “medicinal purposes.” However, rolling up and […]

The story Download the ‘Plook Ganja’ app to legally grow cannabis at home in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So you can grow pot, but no extracts over 0.2%

And the buds are fine, just don't smoke them.

The whole cash crop thing is never really going to work as things stand. I've seen these ganja products in the malls and they're pricey. Nothing more than a novelty product for the drinks etc.

On the other hand I've been using a facial cream for about a year now that has made an exzema type problem completely go away after ten years of trying everything under the sun. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. I'll keep on buying it though. 

It's basically a green light to grow pot if you so want.  Very positive IMO. So many people are growing anyway and they're not all getting high. 

Next year when it's totally normal and the world didn't stop spinning,  people will wonder what all the fuss was about. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So you can grow pot, but no extracts over 0.2%

And the buds are fine, just don't smoke them.

So I guess since you can't indulge I guess the grower then probably needs to clip and burn them all in a yard fire to dispose of them properly just like they do with all the class 5 drugs here. Just don't stand too close.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai government expects cannabis growers to use parts of the plant in cooking, e.g. boiling the leaves to use in Tom Yam soup, or for “medicinal purposes.” However, rolling up and […]

FOS, now i have to give up my tom yam soup

This article promotes an incorrect understanding of the law. The way it is written in the Royal Gazette, the .2% THC rule only applies to manufactured items, like tinctures, gummies, etc. that are made from cannabis grown outside Thailand.

The .2% rule does not apply to raw plant parts.

The govt says smoking is illegal. But not illegal to ingest it in other ways, such as eating it or vaping it. This is obviously because they don't want people smoking for health reasons, and they don't want to allow weed smoking in public.

Amazing how poorly the Thai media is reporting the law as it is written.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1