News Forum - UPDATE: Man who attacked Russian woman in Chon Buri confesses

Thaiger

THE LATEST After a Russian woman was viscously attacked and injured in Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri on Wednesday night, the suspect has confessed to his crime, according to Nong Prue police. The police say they found footage from a surveillance camera showing a car following the woman, 38 year old Elena Zyalkova, while she was jogging at the Mab Prachan reservoir. Later, the footage shows the car reappearing, and 12 minutes later, Elena reappears, signaling drivers for help. The police identified the car, and pressured the suspect, 37 year old Kantheepob Thanachotsomboon, to surrender to them at Nong […]

The story UPDATE: Man who attacked Russian woman in Chon Buri confesses as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Dead people cannot identify their attackers and they don’t walk away without charges. At least charge him with the assault he admitted to so as to keep him locked up. Maybe this woman is in a coma? Something stinks about this….or maybe it is just justice delayed.

• Like 1

No doubt we will get the usual excuse which seems to cut ice with some public option that he became sexually aroused. Oh well that’s ok then. After all, what can a man be expected to do when he becomes sexually aroused. If he couldn’t afford the money, or couldn’t find a place to buy sex in Pattaya, then he really had no other option! 

• Like 5

I am so relieved to read that without testimony of the victum prosecution can not be done.

I will start my career as serial killer next month and I was afraid that the carerr might be short, but now I know that I just have to sure my vicrums will never testify.

Thank you so much Thai lawmakers

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Assault is a criminal offense (it doesn't matter if any civil charges can't be determined right now).  Furthermore, a confession is almost always considered sufficient evidence over here, so it seems that the public prosecutor just said "meh" (not unusual, but that doesn't make it right).

As usual, the most effective solution (sadly) is to keep the story in the spotlight on social and international media... If successful,  there'll be a public announcement that Big Joke has been sent to the scene and that any errors made by the police department / office of the prosecutor will be found and thoroughly dealt with.

• Like 3

Wow so his confession means nothing but if in court he gets reduced sentence but if in police station can just go home, only in Thailand.

• Like 2

Better hide this update from Mr. Putin. He is known to take rather drastic steps to help his fellow Russians 

That what happen if people to dumb to study and just buy there position they not geting smarter here just dumber 

So,  let me try to understand this, a man admits to a crime of assult and putting a woman in hospital, but is released because they have no statement from the victim. Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

Just now, Morpheus said:

So,  let me try to understand this, a man admits to a crime of assult and putting a woman in hospital, but is released because they have no statement from the victim. Amazing Thailand.

We don’t know what condition she is in. fyi: Michael Schumacher was talking after his skiing accident and look at him now.

The cops are waiting for her statement or medical prognosis before charging the guy. This assault could become attempted murder, murder, sexual assault etc. He may have walked out of the police station but he is not going anywhere.