Thai Airways Safety Demonstration Video (not too long now before we will hear this again)

Andrew Reeve

i feel like it could be next year for asia. europe/us learning to deal with it, but in asia its capitulation stations every time numbers jump!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I will ever hear it again. 

Thai is a failed entity, bankrupt, and not just due to the pandemic.  Staff from all departments have left, mainly voluntarily, like rats deserting a sinking ship,  Others forced redundant.  Morale is low, attention to the job no longer 100%, and the future is very uncertain.

I prefer to fly with an airline and staff that's proud in pursuing a strong future.

• Like 2

I agree with KaptainRob - our next flights to Thailand (whenever that is) will be via Qantas. Things are going to be very 'iffy' for a while and I wouldnt trust Thai Airways not to cut corners when recommissioning any plane that has been sitting for years on a tarmac. 

• Like 1

In fairness to Thai Airways they have all of the facilities to ensure a high standard of safety. THAI’s Maintenance Centre is ranked as one of the finest in Asia, providing a full range of maintenance services including certified Heavy Maintenance (D-checks) or complete aircraft overhaul. They were awarded the JAR-145 Certificate by the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA), an European body which sets and supervises quality control standards in aircraft maintenance to ensure the highest possible standards of service and safety for air passengers. The certificate is only conferred after a maintenance facility has been thoroughly inspected.

• Cool 1

Hello AussieBob and Qantas airlines record of safety is the best in world aviation for over 50 years.

AirlineRatings.com has issued a list of the safest airlines for 2021

1. Qantas
2. Qatar Airways
3. Air New Zealand
4. Singapore Airlines
5. Emirates
6. Eva Air
7. Etihad Airways
8. Alaska Airlines
9. Cathay Pacific
10. British Airways

• Cool 1

Come to thing of it Alice, I have only used Emirates, British Airways and Cathay Pacific.

I need to fly more long haul!!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, Andrew Reeve said:

In fairness to Thai Airways they have all of the facilities to ensure a high standard of safety. THAI’s Maintenance Centre is ranked as one of the finest in Asia, providing a full range of maintenance services including certified Heavy Maintenance (D-checks) or complete aircraft overhaul. They were awarded the JAR-145 Certificate by the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA), an European body which sets and supervises quality control standards in aircraft maintenance to ensure the highest possible standards of service and safety for air passengers. The certificate is only conferred after a maintenance facility has been thoroughly inspected.

Correct, THAI Maintenance is it's greatest asset and may yet be sold off ... early days in rehab!

Where the airline has failed and may continue to do given poor morale, is in customer service - from it's poor web portal and booking system thru cabin service and pretty awful meals (ex BKK) to the aircraft configuration and comfort.

AirAsiaX and Singapore Airlines (SIA) could easily compete on price, the former in a higher seating class, more comfortable (eg no ICE box to hinder leg room on 777's), and both excelled in their overall service and food quality.

NB: THAI food quality loaded abroad tends to be excellent, different caterers of course.

• Cool 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, Alice said:

Interesting list and i have flown on 2 of those airlines,  Emirates and British Airways

I was surprised I had flown on 7 of them.

I was watching the video...and had put on the automatic closed caption subtitles.  In the first section, I was amused to find the female saying - what the AI program thought was - potty bottom creme.  Not quite sure what Thai phrase that was translated into.

• Haha 1