News Forum - Proposal for new “green zone” provinces goes before CCSA today

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has submitted a proposal to classify some provinces as “green zones”. The proposal will be considered by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration when it meets today. Kiattiphum Wongrajit from the health ministry says the proposal involves adjusting the Covid-19 colour-coded zoning, which currently has provinces listed as yellow (high surveillance) or blue “tourism” zones. The ministry has not proposed the relaxation of any Covid-19 restrictions. However, it’s understood that provincial communicable disease committees may be able to ease restrictions in their areas, allowing some activities to resume. There is currently widespread speculation that nightlife and […]

The story Proposal for new “green zone” provinces goes before CCSA today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Are they still using those colours? 

I didn't see any difference going to other provinces with a different colour... 

48 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Are they still using those colours? 

I didn't see any difference going to other provinces with a different colour... 

Not only are there colors but there are numbers too! 

And I love how they note: we’re changing the colors but not any rules. 

I guess we’re going to see the CCSA punt on reopening and blame local administrations in the future on rising cases as will inevitably happen like it does with flu every year.

This does not bode well to convince tourists Thailand has a consistent well managed and reasonable approach to covid restrictions.