News Forum - Russian woman assaulted in Chon Buri

Thaiger

A Russian woman was assaulted last night in Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri. A driver found the woman, 38 year old Elena Zyalkova, bleeding as she walked along the road to Mab Prachan reservoir. Police from Nong Prue municipality examined Elena and found she had head injuries, bruises on her neck, and abrasions all over her body. She was wearing jogging clothes. When the police asked Elena what had happened, she could not remember. They said she was in a dazed state. The police found a trail of blood snaking about 10 metres into the forest off the road. […]

The story Russian woman assaulted in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

it's weird there are no replies to this topic.  guess it's up to me.

it sounds like elena kicked the crap out of her assailants and ran them off.

well done elena.  also, kudos to the samaritan that stopped and gave assistance.

mabprachan is a great area to get away the crowds and see some almost nature.

hopefully they catch the freaks that attacked her, and this is a one off occurrence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hondo said:

it's weird there are no replies to this topic.  guess it's up to me

Probably because it is likely that the poor lady was sexually assaulted. They didn’t rob her and a random assault seems unlikely. 

26 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Probably because it is likely that the poor lady was sexually assaulted. They didn’t rob her and a random assault seems unlikely. 

You would think that was the motive. May be that she put up a heck of a fight and struggle and this spooked him or them away. I think it is safe to say it was a male.

4 hours ago, hondo said:

do not discuss possible sexual assaults - got it.  i dont post much and didn't know the protocols.

It’s not that there is a protocol not to discuss them. There are certain subjects we cannot discuss. Sexual assaults is not one of them.

Maybe it is about preserving some shred of privacy and dignity for the poor lady? I’d be livid if my name was in the papers about this. I’d bet money the media didn’t ask her “Is it all right if we tell the world you were raped?” 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Maybe it is about preserving some shred of privacy and dignity for the poor lady? I’d be livid if my name was in the papers about this. I’d bet money the media didn’t ask her “Is it all right if we tell the world you were raped?” 

Course not. Wait until someone you know dies in a car crash. Pictures are taken and all over social media in no time. Morbid obsession with dead bodies is part of Thai society. But we need to respect cultural differences apparently. 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

It’s not that there is a protocol not to discuss them. There are certain subjects we cannot discuss. Sexual assaults is not one of them.

If nothing was stolen then it is probably the reason of target. Sounds like she took a hit and a half though. Tough girl thank goodness. Anyway, the news showed they got him already. Little putz. I hateeeeeee thai people who rape or think it is ok.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

If nothing was stolen then it is probably the reason of target. Sounds like she took a hit and a half though. Tough girl thank goodness. Anyway, the news showed they got him already. Little putz. I hateeeeeee thai people who rape or think it is ok.

Just don't understand the thais. Plenty of outlet in Thailand and why they risks doing these.