News Forum - Prosecutor in Red Bull heir case kicked out of civil service

Thaiger

Today, Thailand’s public prosecution committee unanimously agreed to kick ex-general attorney Nate Naksuk out of the civil service for choosing not to indict the “Red Bull heir,” who killed a police officer in a hit-and-run incident back in 2012. Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidya – the grandson of billionaire Red Bull co-founder Chaleo Yoovidhya – became a fugitive after speeding through the Thong Lor area of Bangkok in his Ferrari, running over police officer Wichian Klanprasert, dragging his body through the road, resulting in his death. The meeting held today was chaired by Chairman of the Public Prosecutors Board Pachara Thuttadamrong. A […]

The story Prosecutor in Red Bull heir case kicked out of civil service as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

Currently, the whereabouts of the Red Bull heir remain unknown.  Absurd !!! Powers that be are afraid to prosecute !  

• Haha 1

I would gather he doesn't care one little bit as is sufficiently well off now. Can retire or start his own lawyers office group. I would think guilty conspicuous people would be queing up to have him represent them.

• 6 months later...

Cases like this make Thailand's Justice System a laughing stock. Showing how the rich and famous can get away with murder, as long as they pay off the prosecutors, judges etc. So much for justice for the average citizen in Thailand when these rich disrespectful people can be allowed to get away with crimes others be jailed for life for. I think Thailand's Police need to take action to chase down, arrest and bring this fugitive back to Thailand with no chance of bail or release and be prosecuted to the full extent of the Law as any other citizen would be. And a life sentence would be adequate seems as he's blatantly flouted the law, aided by daddy no doubt. This would help to restore Thailand's reputation in world standings for Law and Order. Why the Prime Minister has not demanded such action is another cause for concern. I hope the victims family has been properly compensated financially for their loss. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chazz76 said:

Cases like this make Thailand's Justice System a laughing stock. Showing how the rich and famous can get away with murder, as long as they pay off the prosecutors, judges etc. So much for justice for the average citizen in Thailand when these rich disrespectful people can be allowed to get away with crimes others be jailed for life for. I think Thailand's Police need to take action to chase down, arrest and bring this fugitive back to Thailand with no chance of bail or release and be prosecuted to the full extent of the Law as any other citizen would be. And a life sentence would be adequate seems as he's blatantly flouted the law, aided by daddy no doubt. This would help to restore Thailand's reputation in world standings for Law and Order. Why the Prime Minister has not demanded such action is another cause for concern. I hope the victims family has been properly compensated financially for their loss. 

While I agree with all you say, I’m afraid none of it will happen. Thailand simply doesn’t care what the world thinks of it. They don’t care because other countries do nothing about it and millions of people keep on spending their holiday money in the country. They don’t care as such news hardly makes foreign media and so Americans and Europeans think it’s still The Land of Smiles. 

Im sure behind the scenes some uncomfortable questions have been asked at Embassy dinner parties, but these will have been sidestepped and ignored. The reality is that developed countries simply couldn’t care less about such cases and to be fair, why should they? If Thai citizens aren’t doing anything about it, then why should anyone else?