Marriage visit visa for UK

Hi,

Could somebody point me in the right direction, where to start basically with obtaining a new family visit visa for my wife?

I have done them before , but for the life of me I cant remember where on earth I started.

Her last visa was a 5 year one and a lot has happened to me in those 5 years and I now have the brain of a man much older than my years!!

I have asked this question before  somewhere, but I can't remember where or what forum, I have searched the usual places. I read a great reply but cant find it now.

This will be about her 6th visa. Never been on overstay, we've been married 20 years.

I know that there are delayed times for UK visas now so am not rushing our visit.

Lucky enough there is a VHS Global near us so she can apply in person.

I have enough money in the UK to support the visit visa fortunatley.

I still have a copy of the last application letter I sent so I can adjust that to now,

I really appreciate anyone that can help, hope I don,t get the abuse that is rife on the OTHER forum

Many thanks

You apply for the standard visitor Visa here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/apply-standard-visitor-visa

Complete the online application form, pay the fee online, and make an appointment to submit at the VFS. Just read the information slowly and save each page as you complete the form. At the end of the form, you get a chance to review your answers and make any changes before final submission.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 5:07 PM, Faz said:

You apply for the standard visitor Visa here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/apply-standard-visitor-visa

Complete the online application form, pay the fee online, and make an appointment to submit at the VFS. Just read the information slowly and save each page as you complete the form. At the end of the form, you get a chance to review your answers and make any changes before final submission.

Thanks Faz,

That is very useful info.

I have read somewhere that because of the Ukraine crisis it is taking up to 90 working days (6 months approx) to have a visa approved now as Ukranian applications are being considered first...fair enough.

A bit of a problem for us as we wanted to go in August, but unlikely that is possible now if this is true?

Others applying should be aware of this

42 minutes ago, PRC said:

I have read somewhere that because of the Ukraine crisis it is taking up to 90 working days (6 months approx) to have a visa approved now as Ukranian applications are being considered first...fair enough.

A bit of a problem for us as we wanted to go in August, but unlikely that is possible now if this is true?

Others applying should be aware of this

That is not the case any more.

Applications for Visitor Visa are now taking 14 days to process.
I submitted online applications on behalf of friends in April. Both took 14 days to be approved from visiting the VFS.

Apply now and request they post date the Visa to coincide with your expected date of travel.

17 minutes ago, M.O. said:

My friend received approval in 3 days! That was in April too

That's paying the premium service fee.