News Forum - Police hunt foreigner wanted in relation to violent assault at Pattaya gym

Thaiger

Police in Pattaya are searching for a foreign man wanted in relation to a violent assault on another foreigner at a local gym. According to a Pattaya News report, 46-year-old British national, Gary Reed, was assaulted with a dumbbell in a row over gym equipment. The victim says that he was exercising at the gym when a foreign man started arguing with him over use of the equipment. It’s understood one piece of equipment was faulty and the unidentified assailant told Reed he was first in line to use the equipment that was working. CCTV footage from the gym shows […]

The story Police hunt foreigner wanted in relation to violent assault at Pattaya gym as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The culprit should be out of Thailand right now if there's no development within the next 24 hours, when this happens, Mr. Reed needs to sue the gym for letting the suspect go and tried to cover up.

Or he just give a donation for not want to be found like i just found out in my case there is no way you can win from somebody who can pay more

In the Pattaya News photos the victims right eye is bandaged but in the next photo (pre bandage) his left eye seems to have sustained the damage,  what's up with that?

'

Just concede politely, walk away, and Change Gym.

Such aggression likely founded in dangerous steroid abuse or personality disorder. Don’t Engage. 

Rule 101 here: Avoid ANY Trouble ( if you can). 

45 minutes ago, ace035 said:

The culprit should be out of Thailand right now if there's no development within the next 24 hours, when this happens, Mr. Reed needs to sue the gym for letting the suspect go and tried to cover up.

No. Concede & Change Gym. 

Amazing, I`ve lived in Thailand for decades and never been in any physical altercations with anyone, Thai, farangs or otherwise.

How have I managed to do that?

Looks like he gave the Brit a vicious punch with the end of the dumbbell.

The headline could have read :

“ Brit viciously attacked by bell end “

A missed opportunity me thinks !

• Haha 3

I wonder how much this violence has to do with steroid use  and especially high does of Testosterone, in body building fanatics? They are freely available in Thailand and a lot of those body obsessed, gym dumbos take them. 

19 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I wonder how much this violence has to do with steroid use  and especially high does of Testosterone, in body building fanatics? They are freely available in Thailand and a lot of those body obsessed, gym dumbos take them. 

Or he was just a wacko!

• Like 1

Don't you have to sign in or show a membership card to get into a gym? 

Maybe police should look at the list of attendees in the gym  at the time- Duh

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

A strange incident most of the Gym's in Pattaya are sociable places where the users are known to each other.

I've never seen an incident like this in my 10 years here.

By all accounts the perpetrator waited until the victim was using a piece of equipment before assaulting him (very un-manly and cowardly behaviour).

Anyway I hope the perpetrator gets prosecuted to the full extent. 

Edited by 23RD

52 minutes ago, palooka said:

Maybe related to dumb and dumber.

Even n dumber and dumber they did not need a dumbell as a weapon. 

3 hours ago, Transam said:

And you are a fatbecile bloke.....?     😆

nah, I'm perfectly shaped, bloke

• Haha 1

I think they need to catch the guy and question him. It could be the Brithish guy mouthed off to him in a way that was not flattering and perhaps he did cut in line. Who knows what really went on. There are some really foul mouths out there and maybe the British guy thought he was a big guy acting like a cat's meow with an inflated ego. So wait and see. Still not right to whack him with a dumbbell.

• Like 1

"Mr. Reed needs to sue the gym for letting the suspect go and tried to cover up."

no way that will happen-Thai tort laws aren't like the West. Reed would need to prove gym was directly responsible for his injuries. Just by allowing a random gym user in and out? That's not gonna get it. Legally,  you're pretty much on your own here. 

May be there could be some young girls also beside doing activities.....just to show who is the boss....the brawl might have ended up in an unanticipated accidental collusion