Non-Immigrant O Visa Health Insurance

Nightflame

7 hours ago, joelg69 said:

..as a VERY long time Thai visitor, I'll be damned if I'm going to play this peek-a-boo insurance game.  Has anybody yet figured out EXACTLY how much this ripoff costs- I know I can't.  No matter that my American insurance includes FULL international coverage- obviously the Thai companies don't get a cut, so it's no go..

..my return will wait till this nonsense comes to an end..

If you're a short time visitor (Tourist), then only the current 10,000 BHT insurance applies to obtain the Thailand Pass and your existing foreign insurance policy may cover that if it includes Covid treatment.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:57 AM, Faz said:

How long do you intend to stay in Thailand for?

Up to 90 days a Tourist Visa will grant a stay of 60 days on entry, and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration (1,900 BHT). Only the current 10,000 BHT insurance entry requirement applies.

Read; -  https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1649-common-visa-types-explained/#comment-5560

We are probably going to stay longer than 90days, so would like an Non-Immigrant O Visa than an option to renew for a year. 

I could not find a reference to a 60 day Tourist Visa on the UK Thai Embassy Website.

A lot of what I have read says you cannot apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa when in Thailand on a Tourist visa.

I have double checked with the UK Embassy and its definitely 400,000IPD/40,000OPD and USD100,000 over all, for 90 day O Visa (Same as the 1 year O-A requirement!). Talked with a few brokers and hardly any Thai insurance company seems to offer this level of cover for 90 days. Pacific Cross has a very expensive 90 day STV policy.

I think I may as well take out a years policy with someone like LMG. Designed for O-A but meets the O requirements.

Thanks for all the help and advice so far.

13 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

We are probably going to stay longer than 90days, so would like an Non-Immigrant O Visa than an option to renew for a year. 

I could not find a reference to a 60 day Tourist Visa on the UK Thai Embassy Website.

A lot of what I have read says you cannot apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa when in Thailand on a Tourist visa.

I have double checked with the UK Embassy and its definitely 400,000IPD/40,000OPD and USD100,000 over all, for 90 day O Visa (Same as the 1 year O-A requirement!). Talked with a few brokers and hardly any Thai insurance company seems to offer this level of cover for 90 days. Pacific Cross has a very expensive 90 day STV policy.

I think I may as well take out a years policy with someone like LMG. Designed for O-A but meets the O requirements.

Thanks for all the help and advice so far.

Can you give sources for that ?
“ A lot of what I have read says you cannot apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa when in Thailand on a Tourist visa”.

Cause I did get one! Im from the USA a g7 country like yours! 
 I had a discussion about this with another Brit and he was adamant that Uk citizens cant get a non o here like you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Nightflame said:

Can you elaborate on we, relationship and ages.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84451-tourist-visa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Single and multiple entry Tourist Visa.

You certainly can as a prelude to applying for a 1-year extension of stay.
Visa exempt or Tourist Visa entry.
Procedure and requirements here: VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, riclag said:

Cause I did get one! Im from the USA a g7 country like yours! 
 I had a discussion about this with another Brit and he was adamant that Uk citizens cant get a non o here like you mentioned.

No doubt the Brit you talked to couldn't meet the requirements.

• Thanks 1

> Can you elaborate on we, relationship and ages.

Me (UK), Wife (Singaporean - with UK Visa) in our 60s

> Single and multiple entry Tourist Visa.

Thanks for the link. That one seems fairly straight forward.

> You certainly can as a prelude to applying for a 1-year extension of stay.

Will probably end up doing this. Happy to have adequate insurance as long as we are not paying over the odds for it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

> You certainly can as a prelude to applying for a 1-year extension of stay.

Will probably end up doing this. Happy to have adequate insurance as long as we are not paying over the odds for it.

Requirements for changing status from Tourist to Non Immigrant (Non O).
VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 

Requirement for 1-year extension based on retirement.
35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

OP here. Just an update. We got out Non-O Visas through the UK Thai Embassy. In the end we went for STV90 insurance from Pacific Cross. The LMG insurance policies for a year were a similar price, but not really worth the paper they are written on given all the deductions - nearly self insurance, but you still pay a hefty premium for it. The Pacific Cross cost us about twice as much as UK 90 day travel insurance would have cost, for a lot less cover! Ah well if you want to visit a country you have to play by their rules, no point moaning about it.

• Like 1