News Forum - Russell Crowe to question Bangkok governor candidates live on TV

Thaiger

On Thursday May 19, Russell Crowe and six other celebrities will ask questions to seven Bangkok governor candidates live on TV prior to the election which will be held on Sunday, May 22. From 4:15pm – 6pm on Thursday, Channel 7HD will air the live programme “22 May: Deciding Bangkok’s Fate” hosted by Tin Chokkamolkij. Seven Bangkok governor candidates will have the chance to express their visions for the city and their ideas to solve problems in Bangkok and will each answer a question from seven celebrities, including Russell Crowe. New Zealand born Hollywood actor Russell Crowe famously loves Thailand, […]

The story Russell Crowe to question Bangkok governor candidates live on TV as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don’t understand this at all, l have had my morning coffee so l am thinking straight, however it still does not make sense to me. Maybe having residents of BKK ask a few questions might be a good idea instead. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

On Thursday May 19, Russell Crowe and six other celebrities will ask questions to seven Bangkok governor candidates live on TV prior to the election which will be held on Sunday, May 22. From 4:15pm – 6pm on Thursday, Channel 7HD will air the live programme “22 May: Deciding Bangkok’s Fate” hosted by Tin Chokkamolkij. Seven Bangkok governor candidates will have the chance to express their visions for the city and their ideas to solve problems in Bangkok and will each answer a question from seven celebrities, including Russell Crowe. New Zealand born Hollywood actor Russell Crowe famously loves Thailand, […]

The story Russell Crowe to question Bangkok governor candidates live on TV as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

🥱

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

So Election has become a joke now in Thailand?

I wonder if one of these foreign celebrities will ask why foreigners who live in Bangkok don't get a vote. Not that I would bother anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phongsa Choonaem will never make it. Far too honest and realistic. 

1. We will use advanced technology, a “super computer,” to predict when the Chaophraya will flood, so we can be well prepared. This will be the most helpful way to fix the problem. - I don’t know. Ask the computer.
  2. The powerlines are symbol of Bangkok, so we should leave them above the ground. To make Bangkok more beautiful, I will encourage citizens to plant trees and plants to make the city greener - You can’t polish a turd
  3. There is a lot of criminal activity going on in Bangkok. I will install more CCTV cameras and use AI technology to recognise criminal activity to make the city safer for foreigners - Bangkok is dangerous.

Hi. As a New Zealander living in Australia who spent last year in Thailand...I would just like to apologise on behalf of all New Zealand for Russell Crowe. At least we managed to get rid of him by exporting him to Australia, but it now seems that he's become Thailand's problem. It's a shame. Thailand already has enough problems to deal with. 

• Haha 1

Yes Crowe by name and Crow by nature!! NZ is probably better off now he has Australian as his home. 

However the power and IT cables all over Thailand are an absolute eyesore but putting them underground is a huge expense. However if they adopted a policy that all new building sites, housing estates, factories and complexes etc had to install underground cables that would be a start. Also the IT companies continually install new cables and leave many no longer used cables in place which adds to the problem. So there should be a procedure for all new installations and all IT companies responsible for existing installations. 

I have a friend in Krabi who built a house where there was no electricity so he approached the authorities to make an installation to his property at his expense. They absolutely refused to allow him to have an underground supply and instead he had to pay for many power poles and the supply lines which cost him a fortune. How stupid is that??