News Forum - 14 year old student takes her own life after teacher expels her from school

Thaiger

A 14 year old female student in the southern province of Songkhla has committed suicide after a teacher expelled her from school because of her financial and family problems. Thai media reported that a 14 year old female student decided to hang herself at a house in Songkhla province on May 13. Her friends told police that she had problems with her family and school. The friends also claimed that a teacher “pressured the girl” and forced her to leave the school. According to the friend, the girl, named Bonus, studied in Grade 9 at Satri Phatthalung School in Pattalung […]

The story 14 year old student takes her own life after teacher expels her from school as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The teacher needs to be expelled from the education field. He/She is not fit to be a teacher. Now they can come with all the explanations under the sun. But it is the teacher's fault in failing to address the issue and help the poor student.

• Like 1

It’s so disheartening to hear about this story!

Compassion seems to be lost !

Money seems to be Number 1 rather than thinking about lives and helping those in need!

RIP

to this young Girl!

Im at a loss of what to say to the teacher?

Life is worth saving.

Life is Important!

Health and Happiness!

please let this be a lesson for future Teachers!

• Like 2

Miscommunication in this case is the teachers problem. 

First of all, just a teacher has nothing to decide for that student on whether to stay at home or go to school. 

Second, that teacher must have really said something, or else the student wouldn't take such drastic steps. 

But it'll end up like always. If it's an old teacher, of course her experience and age will be seen first, and not her behavior. Whenever you are old, you can just do whatever you want here, no matter what, even if you kill someone, say you're old and they'll let you go because of your experience in life. 

• Like 1

Situations like this are more probably turned on than helped to remedy. This was on the news the other day and my son said it was about being bullied, but there was not much more to the story than that. 

I have 4 children 2 biologically and 2 adopted. All have become successful. My Thai son and his sister are in marketing and banking  overseas. My adopted Thai daughter still lives with us. My adopted Burmese daughter is a second lieutenant in the US Army. They all have brought me more joy and happiness that I deserve. Try visiting an orphanage (there are many) see what is needed. We used to buy shoes clothes, etc. You would be very surprised how a child would be so excited to receive a comb. It changed my life. Try it    

Such a caring and sympathetic teacher... she has a place in the USA teachers union... 

Where's the fail safe for students and children in THAILAND???