News Forum - Thai woman complains after Pattaya laundry service overcharges for foreign BF – VIDEO

Thaiger

A Thai woman is complaining about a local laundry overcharging for services on social media. Her foreign boyfriend was charged 500 baht for only 11 pieces of clothes at a laundry shop in the city. On May 15, the woman posted in a Facebook group named พัทยา or ‘Pattaya’, saying… “My boyfriend bought 7 shirts, 2 short pants, and 3 pieces of underwear to a laundry shop and faced a fee of 500 baht. My boyfriend is a foreigner, but is this too expensive for a foreigner? I asked many people, and they all said it was too expensive. It […]

The story Thai woman complains after Pattaya laundry service overcharges for foreign BF – VIDEO as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It is better to avoid  such shops. There are many doing good services from their homes. Better to approach them. They will either charge by weight or by pieces. Which is more reasonable for travelers. Unless they need it urgently.Then they can go for the self service laundromats.....

50 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It is better to avoid  such shops. There are many doing good services from their homes. Better to approach them. They will either charge by weight or by pieces. Which is more reasonable for travelers. Unless they need it urgently.Then they can go for the self service laundromats.....

Other than hotel laundry services, which are generally extortionately priced, pretty much every place I have used charged by weight and weighed it in when it was handed over, so I knew exactly what I was going to pay. Even in Patong I don't remember ever paying even 200 baht for a full weeks worth of laundry - and most of my clothes come in at 2XL sizes. UK 2XL as well - yes, I am a fat bastard.

• Like 1

Might be good friends of Anut and also think foreigners are very dirty so have to double wash the clothes therfore double the charge.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Might be good friends of Anut and also think foreigners are very dirty so have to double wash the clothes therfore double the charge.

Genius 😂

Bless this woman for standing up against such people. It's rare to have that here.

It's bs that when you literally have bigger eyes and whiter skin, it'll cost you more. 

But well, maybe save some money and get yourself a laundry machine and avoid bs like that. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

Well I’ll be dipped, I never heard of such a thing.

Double sipped into his wallet!

If it happened to me id save the packaging and price--take pics of all items---then 2 wks later have a same sized THAI take in the SAME items and see what the pricing is--doubt the lady would remember the items

Farang pricing is alive and well in LOS... my wife (who is Thai) says it's not... so I have her go in and buy something and/or a service... then I go in later and buy the same item and/or service... guess who ALWAYS is charged more...

Obviously the farang boyfriend doesn`t know how to conduct business in Thailand.

Before using a service, regardless whatever it is, always ask and agree the price first, because unless a price is clearly marked or a price is not agreed before hand, than according to those providing a service the price is left up to their discretion.

Easy solution, rather than argue, put it down to experience and simply do not use that laundry again.

And BTW, it helps if farangs take the trouble to learn at least some basic Thai and can conduct their own business without the need for their Thai girlfriends or wives to hold their hand.

Edited by perceblue

On a recent trip to New Zealand I paid about 140 baht to wash and dry my own washing at a laundromat and that’s a full load so to pay 500 baht in Thailand, even though someone else does it is extortion.