Jump to content

News Forum - Ronald not ‘Lovin’ It’ as fast-food giant McDonald’s legs it from Russia


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Shares in McDonald’s restaurants plummeted yesterday losing billions on the stock exchange following the US fast-food giant’s decision to pull out of Russia in the wake of the Ukraine invasion. The US multinational temporarily closed all of its outlets in March after Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, setting off a chain of unrivaled economic sanctions against the former Soviet state. Big global brands and corporations such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, and Heineken have all followed the burger giant’s lead. McDonald’s chief executive Chris Kempczinski says the company made the decision because of the “humanitarian crisis” and “unpredictable operating environment” caused […]

The story Ronald not ‘Lovin’ It’ as fast-food giant McDonald’s legs it from Russia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Velcome to VladDonalds. Vot food of Satan can I begrudgingly serve you today?”

”Sorry, ve are out of Chicken Kyiv Burgers. Vhy do you ask for dis?. Vait. I must get my manager.” 

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder when they will do the same in The States for the tens of wars that the USA started?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HighSo said:

I wonder when they will do the same in The States for the tens of wars that the USA started?

We don't start them but we'll make you wish you didn't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Maxellus said:

We don't start them but we'll make you wish you didn't.

Me? Which war I started, exactly? lol

And yes sure the USA is responsible for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, innocent deaths just alone in the middle eastern region.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why suddenly USA is blowing its trumpet very loud on "humanitarian crisis" when there are worst "Humanitarian crisis" going on in Middle east, Africa and Latin America. Are they all not humanitarian crisis, which has been going on for decades and everything is being ignored or swept under the carpet?...oh..yeah.. it is because of vested interest and economic gains....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Why suddenly USA is blowing its trumpet very loud on "humanitarian crisis" when there are worst "Humanitarian crisis" going on in Middle east, Africa and Latin America. Are they all not humanitarian crisis, which has been going on for decades and everything is being ignored or swept under the carpet?...oh..yeah.. it is because of vested interest and economic gains....

McDonald's is a business, nothing to do with its USA base or a worldwide humanitarian crisis..🥴

McD's have 850 outlets in Russia, that is a massive loss of income, and a huge loss to the ordinary Russian who were enjoying part of the western daily life..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Transam said:

a huge loss to the ordinary Russian who were enjoying part of the western daily life..

The only huge loss will be MacDonalds financial loss for the fire-sale of it’s Russian assets. The restaurants will be sold and continue to operate under another name. The burger beat will go on. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/16/business-food/mcdonalds-russia-exit/index.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

The only huge loss will be MacDonalds financial loss for the fire-sale of it’s Russian assets. The restaurants will be sold and continue to operate under another name. The burger beat will go on. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/16/business-food/mcdonalds-russia-exit/index.html

But not as McDonald's, anyone can open up a burger joint, look out for Fanta Burgers, though I doubt that, as Fanta is a Coca-Cola brand..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Why suddenly USA is blowing its trumpet very loud on "humanitarian crisis" when there are worst "Humanitarian crisis" going on in Middle east, Africa and Latin America. Are they all not humanitarian crisis, which has been going on for decades and everything is being ignored or swept under the carpet?...oh..yeah.. it is because of vested interest and economic gains....

Newsflash: Russia's invasion of Ukraine is threatening global food supply, which will primarily cause people in developing countries to die from hunger. Putin is explicitly playing this card in order to try to force the West to pull back sanctions.

So if you are that concerned about peoplein the Middle East and Africa, you should definitely support the Allies' attempt to help Ukraine defeat Russia.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Guphz said:

Newsflash: Russia's invasion of Ukraine is threatening global food supply, which will primarily cause people in developing countries to die from hunger.

Oh my… you believe everything you read in the papers. Ukraine exports 7% of the worlds wheat. Exports from Ukraine year to date for this year are down by 64%. Next crop will be the kicker. Other countries will increase their plantings to compensate for the inevitable gap caused by the war but will it be enough. Few people mention that Russia is a far bigger exporter of foodstuffs than Ukraine and while those foodstuffs are not the subject of direct sanctions that the overall stifling effect of the sanctions imposed on Russia is contributing to a shortfall of global supply. Time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use