Best 5 years of your life

Polkadot

What were they?

How old were you?

Where were you?

Why was it the best?

From age 23 to 28, (actually to age 38). Norfolk and Scotland, charging around in one of Her Majesty's fast jets, at silly low heights and even sillier speeds, dropping all kinds of noise making stuff on targets.   Nothing I have done since comes anywhere close to those years. 

I like this questions

But honestly, I've been lucky and loved every period of my life

Loved being a kid

Loved being a teenager

Loved living at college

Loved my 20's in NYC just getting by with no money 

Loved my early 30's traveling and having a bit of money to spend 

Loved my late 30's/early 40's making good money 

Love slowing a bit now at 50yrs old 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

From age 23 to 28, (actually to age 38). Norfolk and Scotland, charging around in one of Her Majesty's fast jets, at silly low heights and even sillier speeds, dropping all kinds of noise making stuff on targets.   Nothing I have done since comes anywhere close to those years. 

So it was you that regularly scared the sh!t out of me around Glencoe and Lossiemouth? 😀

• Haha 1

Before I came here 6 years ago I spent 5 years in a Cambodian NGO as a volunteer and a part time marketing manager for a local travel company, as well producing web site content in good English for many hotels. It was probably the most worthwhile and satisfying time so far.

Now Thailand won't even let me do volunteer work with all the visa restrictions. It would make a huge difference to my life here.

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

So it was you that regularly scared the sh!t out of me around Glencoe and Lossiemouth? 😀

yep, me and my erstwhile colleagues on 226 OCU. I once knocked virtually all the skiers off the drag lift on the Devils' Elbow,  by appearing  rather noisily  and disappearing as quickly as I could.  In fairness, I did feel a bit sorry afterwards. 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, Saltire said:

Before I came here 6 years ago I spent 5 years in a Cambodian NGO as a volunteer and a part time marketing manager for a local travel company, as well producing web site content in good English for many hotels. It was probably the most worthwhile and satisfying time so far.

Now Thailand won't even let me do volunteer work with all the visa restrictions. It would make a huge difference to my life here.

Siem Reap?