News Forum - In Thailand, Covid numbers plummet, but restrictions remain

Thaiger

Thailand registered 5,238 new Covid infections and 40 new Covid-related deaths over the last 24 hours, another day of drops in numbers since the Omicron variant hit its peak on April 1 with 28,379 infections in a 24 hour period. Yesterday there were 6,094 new infections and 51 deaths. But the number of deaths from Covid-19 has been stubbornly consistently over the past 11 days, floating in between 50 – 60 on each day. 3,445 positive ATK test need to be added from the past 24 hours as well, a number which is also dropping in proportion to the confirmed […]

The story In Thailand, Covid numbers plummet, but restrictions remain as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Covid has been a godsend to the rulers because it is smoke screen that they can hide behind to continue the state of emergency. It can be guaranteed that it will be continued ad nauseum because once the virus ceases to be an issue the security situation will suddenly arise as the reason for continuing. Until this gang are thrown out of control the country will never be free. But can there be an election under the state of emergency?!

• Like 5

With a population of 70 million, surely 50 to 60 deaths a day is insignificant. It’s usually the case that those people would’ve died from some other pathogen or cause like influenza or sepsis. On an average day 1200 people die of something. As many as said before, maybe do something about the road deaths, something that is easier to control.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, rc1 said:

Time for the restrictions to go. 

The world is moving on. 

Come on, Thailand, time to do the same. 

This country is run by a bunch of bed wetters with lots of vested interests in vaccines, masks and Covid medication. No wonder the restrictions remain so strict. In fact, domestically speaking, Thailand continues to have some of the most stringent mask wearing rules on the planet.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

This country is run by a bunch of bed wetters with lots of vested interests in vaccines, masks and Covid medication. No wonder the restrictions remain so strict. In fact, domestically speaking, Thailand continues to have some of the most stringent mask wearing rules on the planet.

And lets not forget the biggest money making scam of them all... forced COVID insurance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Thailand is always slow to change.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. 

I'm sitting here, in my apartment with covid to keep me company over the last few days. Several other colleagues in the same boat who were in Bangkok at an event, I have no doubt that the numbers are pointless.

Everyone I know (and now myself) has fallen ill and tested themselves with a rapid test. Then stayed at home "enjoying flu" and not reported anything.

Covid is rampant in Thailand. Will ending restrictions make things worse? Not really. People are partying anyway. If you want to go join them and get covid - knock yourself out.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

I'm sitting here, in my apartment with covid to keep me company over the last few days. Several other colleagues in the same boat who were in Bangkok at an event, I have no doubt that the numbers are pointless.

Everyone I know (and now myself) has fallen ill and tested themselves with a rapid test. Then stayed at home "enjoying flu" and not reported anything.

Covid is rampant in Thailand. Will ending restrictions make things worse? Not really. People are partying anyway. If you want to go join them and get covid - knock yourself out.

...and not only in BKK but everywhere else in Thailand too, where I am certainly. In fact, it was so all over in February and March here that now it seems it is over. It is a small community here... shops, restaurants, etc... were closing one after another in Feb/March and when we saw one closing for a week, we all knew why that was. Most of us had symptoms and stayed home. Partners and close friends were testing (well not all of them by far for sure) and some tested positive too but had nothing. Some had the same symptoms but never tested. And now I have not heard anyone ill or positive for some time amongst people living here, I guess the virus has been around and done its job now. So restrictions, starting with the mask (and back then it was literally 100% people wearing it here, not so much anymore, less and less...) have done nothing to prevent it. So right now they are just completely obsolete, useless.

• Like 1

yes,im glad to hear things are easeing more.im hoping for oct 1st if all goes well.would be nice to see smiles again instead  of all those mask. chock dee everyone and happy budda day.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, farang said:

yes,im glad to hear things are easeing more.im hoping for oct 1st if all goes well.would be nice to see smiles again instead  of all those mask. chock dee everyone and happy budda day.

You don't have to listen the miserable bastards that dominate this forum or wait until October 1st

I'm here and my holiday has been no different than anyone I've had in 18 years coming here

• Like 2