News Forum - Thailand’s officials announce fewest daily Covid-19 cases in months

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has announced a major drop in the country’s daily Covid-19 case load today (Sunday). The registered 6,094 cases within the past 24 hours are the fewest the country has seen since January 6. Yesterday, a total of 70,775 people were receiving Covid-19 treatment, including 25,527 in hospitals. Out of the 25,527 people being hospitalised, 1,304 were seriously ill with lung inflammation, and 643 were dependent on ventilators. Out of the 6,094 cases in the past 24 hours, only 2 came from outside Thailand, from Australia and Taiwan. The Public Health Ministry said this morning there were […]

The story Thailand’s officials announce fewest daily Covid-19 cases in months as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

And the number of people being tested by PCR is ?

I'd say:  fewest daily  in months

• Like 2

Case in point. I'm enjoying day 5 of covid in my apartment right now after rapid testing myself. A few other people who attended the same event with me have suffered the same fate. None of us have registered, or will, for obvious reasons - a pain the ass for zero benefit. Multiply that by thousands I reckon.

Edited by Artemis080
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Case in point. I'm enjoying day 5 of covid in my apartment right now after rapid testing myself. A few other people who attended the same event with me have suffered the same fate. None of us have registered, or will, for obvious reasons - a pain the ass for zero benefit. Multiply that by thousands I reckon.

I agree you can multiply it by thousands as since we opened up fully in the UK a few months ago I know quite a few people who have been sick with the virus (tested positive) to the extent of having symptoms of a very bad flu and weakness.

Previously during the deep lock downs I only knew of two, one on a ventilator and one died so it looks like we are having many more cases but of the current weak variant of the virus. 

We have stopped reporting the figures in the UK as it has been accepted as an endemic, once Thailand opens up there will be many more cases but hopefully the vaccination rollout will limit serious symptoms.

Don't care, don't want to know. When you come forward then we can consider to report mentality. Wonderfully endemic.

14 hours ago, Graham said:

And the number of people being tested by PCR is ?

Must have been more than 555 tests to get 6000 positives....

Just trolling ;)

11 hours ago, JamesR said:

I agree you can multiply it by thousands as since we opened up fully in the UK a few months ago I know quite a few people who have been sick with the virus (tested positive) to the extent of having symptoms of a very bad flu and weakness.

I have been saying that for months due to my own experience where I am in Thailand. Omicron entered Thailand in December, shortly after the UK and Europe, so there is no reason it did not happen here as it happened elsewhere. And all the restrictions still in place have done nothing to stop that to happen. And indeed...I would say from January to end of March where I am, when we had the most tourists for the past 2 years as well, we pratically all had covid including myself. I know dozens around me, and I would not call it a "very bad flu", more like a (very) mild one (and as we know, a flu becomes worse the older or/and the unhealtier you are). I personally starting to feel achy, then the first night quite feverish, in the morning the fever was gone, sniffy nose and headaches for a few days, day 3 I was fine and then suddenly I felt very tired and slept quite a lot for 3 days (by then I was testing negative). That's it (I had dengue fever last year for the 2nd time in 5 years, I was then I'd say at least 5 times worse). I have a friend here who is unvaccinated, but same age, no fat and no underlying condition like me, and he had exactly the same . All the others I know, they did not even get fever or very little (at least 2 others unvaccinated too) but had all the other symptoms. Quite a few others also had the symptoms but never tested themselves during that period, considering the amount of positive amongst those who tested themselves, very unlikey that many of them did not have covid indeed too. And all that does not take into account the usually higher numbers of people with no symptom, usually young and healthy people, who got infected too. It is a small community and an island, it is very easy to understand, considering how Omicron spreads all over the world, how it was all over here too... Amongst all these people, I know personally only 3 who registered officially (basically people who were scared so went to Hospital, but had nothing more than everybody else). Unless a miracle, I very doubt we are the only place to have experienced that in Thailand the past 4 months or so....

We have stopped reporting the figures in the UK as it has been accepted as an endemic, once Thailand opens up there will be many more cases but hopefully the vaccination rollout will limit serious symptoms.

Thailand is already opened to a certain extent... no need for testing now, before flying nor on arrival, if you are vaccinated... But anyway, as I described above and since Omicron entered Thailand in December, the number of tourist arrivals will not change a thing cause Omicron has already done its job here as it has in the UK or anywhere else...

...and indeed a better job than the vaccines as far as immunity is concerned. Before anyone comes up with the magic words "conspiracy theorist" again, I am just repeating Bill Gates words here. He was saying that it will happen in January (https://www.businesstoday.in/coronavirus/story/covid-19-omicron-to-create-lot-of-immunity-says-bill-gates-318748-2022-01-12), before saying it is happenig in February (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bill-gates-omicron-did-a-better-job-moving-faster-than-covid-19-vaccines). So it is time for all of us to relax now and certainly to move on. The sooner Thailand understands that the better. That is if there is no other agenda to keep people on the edge...

• Like 1

"Last week, Thailand’s PM Prayut ordered all provincial administrations to prepare for Covid-19 being declared endemic, by creating operation plans for their own provinces."

This shows they haven't a clue what endemic means. There shouldn't be ANY operation plans. 

They won't let go of their 5 minutes of power will they?

14 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Case in point. I'm enjoying day 5 of covid in my apartment right now after rapid testing myself.

Why bother testing? Really pointless. Feel ill, stay inside. Feel better, resume normal life. It's over, it's the flu at worst. Anyone out there not vaccinated or walking around with vulnerable conditions is their look out - as it has always been in flu season.

17 hours ago, riclag said:

I think many aren’t testing unless they are very sick and or required by employment 

Or people who are showing symptoms and are responsible enough to get tested so they can avoid passing it on to elderly relatives or friends. Anyway my attitude is that things are getting better and restrictions are being removed so it’s all pretty much good news.

Edited by Stevejm

16 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

I agree but isn’t that a sign of transition to endemic status which everyone wants so it’s a good thing.

7 hours ago, Scribble said:

Must have been more than 555 tests to get 6000 positives....

Just trolling ;)

55555 (just laughing ;-)