Tim's Horrific Shirts

OneAngryJew

Who is Tim?

Tim Newton has lived in Thailand since 2012. An Australian, he has worked in the media, principally radio and TV, for 41 years. He has won the Deutsche Welle Award for best radio talk program, presented over 10,000 radio news bulletins, 3,900 in Thailand alone, hosted 650 daily TV news programs and produced 2,100 videos, TV commercials and documentaries. As founder of The Thaiger, Tim now acts as the Content Manager and head-writer, whilst supervising the growth of the YouTube channel. He's reported for CNN, Deutsche Welle TV, CBC, Australia's ABC TV and Australian radio during the 2018 Cave Rescue and other major stories in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who is Tim?

Obviously a man with good shirt taste and just like me wants to be seen in a crowd. In my case the bar or nightclub.

• Haha 2

Might regret asking this question and What do you want him to be wearing on his Video interviews?

Keep it clean please!!

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, OneAngryJew said:

I suggest you create a forum for everything Tim, including his horrific shirts. I think it will be quite lively.

Ha-ha, clearly a pal of yours!

Hello, OneAngryJew and welcome to Thaiger Talk . . . sorry for not spotting your post earlier.

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

I gotta be honest, I love Tim's shirts and wish I could find them in my size.

Good sartorial choice, Tim.

Loved the red one today on this morning's program.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Tim colourful shirts are actually a safety asset. Tim, having been here since 2012, is fully aware of Thailand's dangerous drivers, and endeavours to be seen and not run over by one of them.

Isn't that right Tim?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TobyAndrews said:

Tim colourful shirts are actually a safety asset. Tim, having been here since 2012, is fully aware of Thailand's dangerous drivers, and endeavours to be seen and not run over by one of them.

Isn't that right Tim?

Or maybe Tim has taken poetic license from Morrissey ( Every day is like Sunday ) and his new motto is “ Every day is like Songkran “ ??

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Well, each to his own!

Hello, MrStretch and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Humm...

Is he a Victorian

Best of luck .. you are completely changing your product..
I wish you and your small team .. all the best..

Please ... Please .. keep being honest with your evolutions.
This is your profession and what gives you respect from others and for yourself.
Yes Thailand .. sometimes we need to be gentle... 

But the truth .. is why we all watch and listen..

Respectfully
Marc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marc.kamala said:

Evaluations... silly auto correct..

Ha-ha . . . we did spot it!!

Hello, marc.kamala and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Happy posting

King Cotton

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 2:44 AM, MrStretch said:

But how can he have so many? I mean the quantum reactions from all those photons should be able to induce a fusion reaction at room temperature.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, billybob said:

He's seems like one of those guys who it's impossible not to like and the shirts seem to match his personality. The sort of bloke that inspires his team to do their best and the product shows that. 

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/the-thai-island-life-of-media-man-tim-newton/

Tim wore a plain white shirt a few days ago.  

Less is more.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 10:00 AM, JamesE said:

But how can he have so many? I mean the quantum reactions from all those photons should be able to induce a fusion reaction at room temperature.

More likely those shirts would lead to spooky actions at a distance and the quantum field generated will result in a black hole.  Maybe that is what is happening to TV?   Tim's shirts have been causing a black hole inside TV and the 'positive particles' (the anti-negatives of TV Mods) are escaping when they reach the TV event horizon, and are now being directed towards the Thaiger Forum, which is diametrically opposed to the TV black hole's axis of negative rotation. I believe all those particles that escape the TV Black Hole are called 'relativistic jets' and are clearly visible - and they are becoming a powerful stream of positive particles in the universe.   Either that or Tim just likes wearing colourful shirts.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

Tim the shirts are great :)

They are not.  His shirts are nothing but a Rorschach test for the mentally impaired.  If you stare too long at one of his shirts, you'll either go blind or insane.  

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Tim wearing a single color shirt on one of his Good Morning Thailand shows.  Unfortunately, his cohosts have caught the garish shirt wearing virus and they are starting to OUTtim Tim.

5 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Maybe it repels covid (even if it is between the hours of 9-4 and covid has been drinking and driving)?

More than likely it blinds mosquitos.