News Forum - South Korea to add 230 international flights to meet demand

Thaiger

As South Korea’s Covid-19 situation improves and several restrictions have been eased, the country also plans to add 230 international flights next month, to meet a jump in travel demands. South Korea has been known as a Covid hotspot this year after being one of the World Health Organisation’s ‘postcard’ countries for controlling the virus in mid 2020. But things are looking up. In June, when the new flights are added, the country’s weekly number of international flights will bump up to 762 from 532, according to South Korea’s interior minister. On May 23, South Korea will accept ATK test […]

The story South Korea to add 230 international flights to meet demand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ok so Korea can remove its outdoor mask mandate but Thailand can’t. These pointless rules are hurting everyone. If you think a mask protects you then wear it. Why does everyone else have to wear one? 

18 minutes ago, JJJ said:

If you think a mask protects you then wear it.

The mask is meant to be there to protect others, not yourself.  Like many, I am getting highly pissed off with having to continue to  wear one, but in the great scheme of things, its a small price to pay and frankly, I have got other things that are far more impactful to consider in my life, like when the next idiotic immigration rule is going to hit us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

The mask is meant to be there to protect others, not yourself.  Like many, I am getting highly pissed off with having to continue to  wear one, but in the great scheme of things, its a small price to pay and frankly, I have got other things that are far more impactful to consider in my life, like when the next idiotic immigration rule is going to hit us. 

It's a small price, you and everyone else should no longer have to pay. 

It's time to move on and get rid of the mandated masks - immediately in many settings in Thailand, and eventually over the rest of the year they should become optional everywhere. 

2 hours ago, rc1 said:

It's a small price, you and everyone else should no longer have to pay. 

It's time to move on and get rid of the mandated masks - immediately in many settings in Thailand, and eventually over the rest of the year they should become optional everywhere. 

Agree with removing obviously.

But I don’t even think it’s a small price. Actually it is a big price. The Thai economy pretty much looks like it’s heading for a recession. THB heading toward 35, 36, 37 to USD. (Euro not so bad). 

Like it or not, the easiest lever to help the economy is to actually promote tourism. Tourists aren’t dumb—they look at the COVID rules and decide where to go and most don’t want to “vacation” in a place MORE restrictive than their home—especially with pointless rules like masks.

I don’t see how a person who doesn’t have covid wearing a mask helps others to not catch covid especially when they’re vaccinated and already had covid.   

Drop the masks, drop the business closers, end Thai pass. Honestly if these aren’t done soon it will also hurt high season as people as planning trips NOW and a lot of tourists are rewarding places that didn’t have knee jerk reactions to a “new” variant like Thailand did.