News Forum - Thailand’s public health officials proposing ‘Endemic Sandboxes’ to legally reopen nightlife

Thaiger

Thailand is getting closer and closer to the endemic phase of its Covid response. Achingly slow but now with at least a proposal to be tabled at the next CCSA meeting. The Ministry of Public Health will propose ‘Endemic Sandboxes’ as a plan to allow entertainment venues to legally reopen in 3 tourist islands including Phuket, Koh Chang, and Koh Samui. The entertainment venues in Thailand were ordered to close almost two years ago since the pandemic started in Thailand, and stringent measures were introduced to limit the spread of Covid-19. Many clusters kept appearing at bars, ‘gentlemen’s clubs’ and […]

The story Thailand’s public health officials proposing ‘Endemic Sandboxes’ to legally reopen nightlife as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

FFS Thailand. Will you just drop all this bollocks. Either open or stay closed. All this incremental illogical steps with targets you don’t meet are a national embarrassment. Make up your Ef’in minds what to do will you. 

You have Prayut in the US saying Thailand is FULLY open and ready to welcome business and tourists. Well as usual with these multiple faced clowns, it’s simply not true! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Soidog said:

FFS

I went for "WTF" as my first reaction. And we thought we heard it all already (how many times that's been said the past few months). "endemic sandboxes"? Come on now!!! And I was starting to be confident for the next high season, but... will they really mess it up again? This is even beyond insane. These people simply do not live in the real world. I am speechless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1