The Time Has Come

The time has finally come, I am coming to see my girl after two and a half years.

I was supposed to be in Thailand in March 2020 after being away for 6 months but the day before my flight the Australian government closed the borders. After many tears and accusations from my girl claiming that I don't love her and don't want to come to see her she finally understood that it wasn't my choice. The dreaded Covid-19 had started it's reign of terror. I waited with baited breath for things to settle down thinking that it would only be a month or two, re-booked flights for May. Time went on and the east coast of Australia went crazy with infections while us on the west coast were locked away in our own little bubble with our Premier turning into the gatekeeper to the outside world and he wasn't opening that gate anytime soon.

Thailand got it's first wave and everyone locked down, I struggled to see the light at the end of the tunnel but we talked every day and waited patiently until borders started to open up. I booked for April 2022 and twelve days before I was due to fly to Thailand I caught Covid 😩. No issues with my health but needed to re-schedule again.

Now nothing is going to stop me, leaving on Saturday morning. Already checked in, just need to get through tomorrow and I will be at the airport waiting for the gate to open.

I will be as excited as a midget at a miniskirt convention🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazz11 said:

Now nothing is going to stop me, leaving on Saturday morning. Already checked in, just need to get through tomorrow and I will be at the airport waiting for the gate to open.

Well done Mazz and good luck 👍🏻
Just back today in Japan after my first “post-Covid” trip. It’s all easier than you think and well worth it.

11 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Just back today in Japan after my first “post-Covid” trip. It’s all easier than you think and well worth it.

Cheers mate, I hope you had a great time

On 5/12/2022 at 8:37 PM, BigHewer said:

How were your flights, % full and any problem with bookings?

18 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

How were your flights, % full and any problem with bookings?

7 flights in all in three weeks. The first four flights were:

Osaka-Singapore-Bali-Jakarta-Singapore

All flights 90% + full. Jakarta to Singapore was absolutely heaving, kids everywhere. After that:

Singapore-Bangkok-Tokyo-Osaka

These three flights were half full.

In fact, I originally couldn’t get a flight from Jakarta to Tokyo. Re-routed through Bangkok and much easier.

• Thanks 1