Jump to content

News Forum - Travellers will still have to wear face masks post-endemic phase in Thailand


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Didn't they recently change the definition of what a covid death is? That change was something to the effect that only confirmed cases of covid, without other co-morbitities, would be counted... that certainly drops the death count aspect. And it is my understanding there is no law requiring face masks in Thailand. This article uses the words encourage and require in the same article... So which is it? 

So would you walk into Makro without a mask Freed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

As I posted above, I think it is all about making them money and keeping the minions whipped.

minions indeed!

See the source image

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vlad said:

will this be ok Tim lolimage.thumb.jpeg.02d1a218a0cfbbcadb20d3a9db7e11dd.jpeg

dont sneeze...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the double post still have not rumbled how to post a pic from an Album lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

will this be ok Tim lolimage.thumb.jpeg.02d1a218a0cfbbcadb20d3a9db7e11dd.jpeg

Welcome back, Mr. Taffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still nobody knows the rules about mask mandate outside in Thailand, only when you're running, sprinting, jogging and cycling, you don't need mask, period.........Then if you're indoors, only eating & drinking. Come on man, it's all common sense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, JJJ said:

If these are facts then provide the peer reviewed broadly accepted studies proving it. Oh there are none. 

See below

image.thumb.jpeg.3626cc5b993319124f720f17bfc7c12d.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mjwalker said:

why why why ?? i can go to a football game in the UK 40.000 people no masks 

go to a beach in thailand with no people but still have to wear a mask !! just plain crazy 

please stop now 

To be fair, on a beach you don't need to. Even they admitted it. 

But I get the point. They say gatherings are now not advised because of the 'spread' but wherever I went during Covid and now, I was always in a gathering of people and never got it. Masks won't work for the air that you breathe in. Only to prevent droplets from coughing and sneezing etc. So I definitely was breathing in their air in small spaces like the BTS for example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

Maybe they aren’t as unhappy about things as you think they should be?

Yeah, that’ll be the reason 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I want to say to them is, good luck with your target amount of tourists for 2022 if you keep the masks necessary. 😂

You might wonder why they don't set the bar lower. At least then they could say: Hey, we reached the target amount and got even more! 

Now, time after time, they keep missing the target and look as if they are not capable enough to reach their goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DiJoDavO said:

You might wonder why they don't set the bar lower. At least then they could say: Hey, we reached the target amount and got even more!

That’s a far too logical and sensible way of thinking. Invert all of that and then you get close to how they think and reason things.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

See below

image.thumb.jpeg.3626cc5b993319124f720f17bfc7c12d.jpeg

Thanks for proving my point.  a. By its title only “indoor”. B. The survey has been criticized for its reporting bias on mask wearing  C. Even if it shows protection it doesn’t show how my wearing a mask protects you. 

if you want to wear an n95 outside go ahead. It does nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Still nobody knows the rules about mask mandate outside in Thailand, only when you're running, sprinting, jogging and cycling, you don't need mask, period.........Then if you're indoors, only eating & drinking. Come on man, it's all common sense.

The rules are that it's advised. 

If we all just stop doing it, they will be like, ok, alright. Just like every rule. 

If only I do it as foreigner, I would be looked at. If everyone just does it, they'll just stop talking about it. 

But 2 years of fear porn constantly shoved down people's throats for 24/7 broke their brain and now can't think about any situation other than that Covid is the most deadly disease and only can be solved through vaccines and 20 boosters OR wear 3 masks and shower yourself completely in hand sanitizer after getting in touch with anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Grumpish said:

In Bangkok wearing a mask outdoors is actually not a bad idea pretty much all year round, but that is just because of the bad air quality.

I only wear a mask for that. I don't even think about Covid anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rc1 said:

Can someone explain to me while keeping citizens masked adds to the political currency?

No one enjoys it, they're serving little to no health purpose, why are they politically wise?

Keep them to believe Covid is still here to keep the emergency decree in place. 

I think it's 50/50 here. Many people here actually seem to enjoy it. You can see who enjoys it and who doesn't. Double masking people and people with expensive masks enjoy it. Single mask people with the cheap surgical mask don't enjoy it and do it because they had to so choose the cheapest most convenient option. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

they are a life saving tool period. 

Most of the time I've been wearing them wrong lol. I'm still alive. 

As long as you cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough, it'll be fine. And that's what masks are for. 

But they don't do anything to protect yourself. Only protect others from what comes out of your mouth and nose. That's literally why doctors wear it during surgery. 

My elbow in this way is also a life saving tool as I can cough and sneeze in it. (don't tell me it's dirty because 100/100 would have coughed directly in their hand before Covid) 

Outside, it really makes no sense as since the start of the 'pandemic' already was said that direct sunlight kills Covid. 

+

You know why Covid is getting weaker? It's more common and not new anymore. People update each other's immune system by getting in touch with each other. Shaking hands with others who might have touched idk what, followed by touching their face. We keep each other's immune systems up to date. Stopping this from happening totally (luckily it didn't work) would create problems by trying to solve them. No one will have their immuny system updated anymore and are an easy target for germs etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

The rules are that it's advised. 

If we all just stop doing it, they will be like, ok, alright. Just like every rule. 

If only I do it as foreigner, I would be looked at. If everyone just does it, they'll just stop talking about it. 

But 2 years of fear porn constantly shoved down people's throats for 24/7 broke their brain and now can't think about any situation other than that Covid is the most deadly disease and only can be solved through vaccines and 20 boosters OR wear 3 masks and shower yourself completely in hand sanitizer after getting in touch with anything. 

I agree with you but this article frustrates the heck out of me, so they only pick on regular tourists about wearing mask outside, what about expats & farangs that live on Thailand forever? They never wear masks at all and I noticed that. For those tourists like myself that are about to leave in less than a week, for example, have to wear masks all the time no matter what due to the fact that I'll be taking my COVID test less than a day before departure and if I'm positive, more expenses coming up, like isolation or AQ hotel, rescheduling flights & overstaying visa through immigration. Lucky enough for those farangs, because they not going anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, vlad said:

Mr Taffer ?

Jon Taffer from Bar Rescue of Paramount Network, Just Google it..I thought that was him pretending to be you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ace035 said:

I agree with you but this article frustrates the heck out of me, so they only pick on regular tourists about wearing mask outside, what about expats & farangs that live on Thailand forever? They never wear masks at all and I noticed that. For those tourists like myself that are about to leave in less than a week, for example, have to wear masks all the time no matter what due to the fact that I'll be taking my COVID test less than a day before departure and if I'm positive, more expenses coming up, like isolation or AQ hotel, rescheduling flights & overstaying visa through immigration. Lucky enough for those farangs, because they not going anywhere.

Expats here wear masks all the time, unless they are comfortable with each other and no others are around. At least, that's what I see. 

They only talk about tourists because they want to keep them up to date about the situation. Better to know the rules in advance before you get weird looks when you go around without mask. 🙂

The only reason people wear it is because everyone does and no one puts it off all together. If suddenly everyone does, you'll see that the recommendation to wear it, stops. That's how everything here works😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yeah, that’ll be the reason 👍🏻

I’m glad that you agree.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Many people here actually seem to enjoy i

Really? Maybe they just want to take a simple precaution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the very least, get them off outdoors, and for children in schools immediately. 

Hampering children's ability to communicate and learn is cruel.

They all take masks off to eat and mingle anyway so the transmission reduction at schools is non existent, plus Covid effects are even milder in children. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use